What's new
What's new

eBay- How to do a "make offer" email list via the eBay system ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes I get emails from eBay with a link to a machine I might have looked at in the past with a note like "price lowered, taking offers !".... just wondering how that is done as I need to do the same thing myself.

If an ebay user is set to receive notifications and they are watching your item they will receive a notification if you lower the price or change to "best offer."

Sometimes I get emails from eBay with a link to a machine I might have looked at in the past with a note like "price lowered, taking offers !".... just wondering how that is done as I need to do the same thing myself.

I'm not sure what your question is.

Are you saying that you have (or will have) listings on eBay and you would like to encourage offers by having eBay send out notices per your specified list?

If that's what you're asking, I don't think you can get there.

You (any eBay member) get those notices because once upon a time you agreed to have eBay send you offers that eBay thinks, based on your searching/watching, may promote a transaction. If you turn that setting off, you won't get the offers/notices.

The sellers don't control who receives those notices.

If you (seller) have a BIN/MO listing and another member searches on the right keywords or watches your item, AND has selected that eBay may send promotional offers, that member may get an email from eBay if your price has dropped or ???

If the members, that are searching/watching you item, have "send me offers" turned off, they won't get the emails you mention.

I don't propose that I fully understand the algorithm that drives the process.

From Captain Obvious (of the moment): eBay has an extensive forum community where, I would expect, you could access more expert comment. The problem is, there you're probably a newbie, not the HMFWAIC. How much do you want the best answer(s)? :D LMAO

I have been getting e-mail notifications on things I just browse recently. I don't save them as watching or anything to notify the seller, ebay is doing this. I an logged in when I look, it is like the Google adds that pop up from some obscure web site I passed through.

I have also been getting email from ebay that a particular item I looked at is no longer available or quantities are low.

Steve

Back