What's new
What's new

Edlund 1B Drill Press for Sale in Northern Virginia

fatcaaat

Plastic
Hi there. I have for sale, a really nice Edlund Drill Press. Serial Number 3870 making it circa 1920. YOu can see some pictures of it at this link: Photo Index - Edlund Machinery Co., Inc. - Edlund Model 1B Drill Press | VintageMachinery.org

I also have added (not in the picture) a xy table and a DRO readout...so it can make remarkably accurately placed holes in the 8x4" window of the table. Of course, you can take the table off without any issues.

I acquired this from the person that posted to the vintage machinery page. After working on it and tightening things up, that TIR is now about .003". it looks exactly like the picture other than the mounted up table and DRO. Works great. I have the upper pulley cover as well.
Only selling it because I was able to finally find a Burke Millrite.

Pickup only in Zip 22039. If you have an open trailer, should be no problem for me to drop it right on there.

I cannot find the edit button, so I have to do a reply to clarify. The quill runs true without any noticable runout. The taper, after honing things with the taper hone is at .003. I am sure it can be improved. I have a jacobs chuck and a quick release chuck that will come with it, as well as the taper hone. Ready to work today.

Asking 1250 for it.

Last edited:
Hi there. I have for sale, a really nice Edlund Drill Press. Serial Number 3870 making it circa 1920. YOu can see some pictures of it at this link: Photo Index - Edlund Machinery Co., Inc. - Edlund Model 1B Drill Press | VintageMachinery.org

I also have added (not in the picture) a xy table and a DRO readout...so it can make remarkably accurately placed holes in the 8x4" window of the table. Of course, you can take the table off without any issues.

I acquired this from the person that posted to the vintage machinery page. After working on it and tightening things up, that TIR is now about .003". it looks exactly like the picture other than the mounted up table and DRO. Works great. I have the upper pulley cover as well.
Only selling it because I was able to finally find a Burke Millrite.

Pickup only in Zip 22039. If you have an open trailer, should be no problem for me to drop it right on there.

I cannot find the edit button, so I have to do a reply to clarify. The quill runs true without any noticable runout. The taper, after honing things with the taper hone is at .003. I am sure it can be improved. I have a jacobs chuck and a quick release chuck that will come with it, as well as the taper hone. Ready to work today.

Free to pickup ?

I'd also consider some trades if people have stuff I'm looking for....partial trades up or down for the right stuff would interest me. Here's what I would consider trades...
Running vintage motorcycles or vintage projects that are not basket cases
2x72 belt grinder
Tig Welder
Plasma cutter

Back