What's new
What's new

ATRUMP B3EC for sale 2008 model very low hours

GregL

Plastic
Hello everyone.
I have a 2008 Atrump B3EC CNC bed mill for sale. The machine is in perfect running condition, and has less than 50 hours total machining time (actually is likely much less than this.
Here is a brief list of specifications:
- X/Y/Z travels 31.5/16/20 (inches)
- high precision ground double nut ball screws.
- Centroid M400S servo control
- 4500 lbs meehanite casting, turcite coated ways, rigid head cartridge spindle (taper 40 tooling)

Notes:
I am a homeshop machinist, and this machine was always operated at far below its ability for both feed speeds and cut depths. It has never been crashed.
I am selling because I will likely be starting medical school in fall of 2014.

Included items:
- About a dozen 40 taper tool holders, including drill chucks and most sizes of end mill holders up to 1"
- Centroid touch probe package, including case and accessories (repeats to .0001") great time saver with set-ups.
- Small plexiglass enclosure that I made myself for the table (works pretty well actually) along with original table guard.

Price/Contact
Please feel free to contact me with questions, and I can email interested person(s) photos on request.
Phone: please call or text (may have to leave message if you call) 814 380 0004
Email: [email protected]
$20,000 is asking price OBO. No low ball offers please; they will not receive a response.
Considering this machine's condition, capability, and usefulness, this is a VERY fair price. New B3EC's sell for $35,000 with no accessories.
Thank you for your time.
I am located in Central PA, State College area. Pick up/shipping can be discussed.

Last edited:
Sure. Would it be possible to email you the photos? The spindle is 2 speed variable from 50 to 6000 rpm. When I was calibrating the touch probe, I did so with a .0001" dial indicator, and runout appears to be <.0001". My dealer told me runout should be in the 50 millionths area (.001 mm) (.00003").
One last thing, the machine is wired for 200v single phase (for my home shop) but can easily be changed back to 220v 3 phase

Would be easier for you to just put up the pics. Instead of emailing to all interested (and time wasting) parties.

You need to change your profile adress to a real location. Milicron will throw you off if he finds it.

I'm not really sure how to attach them to this site, but I could do that yes.
It's been years since I've been on the site, and I don't see any obvious ways to do it here. I can send them from my phone, which makes it pretty easy.

That sounds like quite the good deal, I wish I could take advantage of it...I used one years ago and it was a nice machine, very quite spindle at high speeds and very easy control to use.

Charles

Click "reply to thread" button below the last post. When you get the edit window to type your reply into simply click on the "insert image" icon which is third from the last.

I apologize. I still cannot attach pics to the site here, so I will have to email them to interested person(s).
Thank you.
Use edit function after posting a post then click 3rd icon from right "insert image", then "select files from computer" then after you select click "upload files" and that's it.

Use edit function after posting a post then click 3rd icon from right "insert image", then "select files from computer" then after you select click "upload files" and that's it.

Ok thank you I will try.

Attachments

• MILL1.jpeg
    MILL1.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 321
  • MILL2.jpeg
    MILL2.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 282
  • MILL3.jpeg
    MILL3.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 266
Here's the deal. I'm willing to take $17,500 for the machine, but this is absolutely the lowest I will go.. Any lower and I'd essentially be giving it away. The machine is exactly as stated, and I need to move it. Amazing machine, but I have to let it go. If I don't get that for it, in my shop it will stay and into storage it will go while in school.

I was told rigging 400-600. Transit 1200-1300. I hope this helps
More photos......

Attachments

• MIll4.jpeg
    MIll4.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Mill5.jpeg
    Mill5.jpeg
    10.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Mill6.jpeg
    Mill6.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 207