What's new
What's new

F/S. Brown & sharpe Techmaster 6x18 Surface Grinder. $2500.00

jljim

Cast Iron
This machine was taken out of service and put into storage several years ago due to electrical problems with the PLC controls. All the electrical problems have been resolved, machine is completely operational. Included with the grinder is a complete set of electrical and hydraulic schematics, ladder logic charts and operators manual. Also a complete spare PLC control, hand held programmer and storage cartridge with the logic program ready to transfer if needed. The spindle runs quiet, the Walker variable electric chuck is good and includes the null plug if parts are to be mounted on the table. Currently wired for 460v operation, can be rewired for 230v. Forklift accessabile loading is free.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,052
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 931
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 861
A couple more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 386
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 504
If anyone has any interest in this machine, make me an offer please.
Shop 419 533 8462, Cell 419 265 1688. 43515 zip code

The manual says 5100lbs. Not sure if that would include a full tank of oil, so maybe a little more with oil and mag chuck. Jim

Still for sale, currently powered up for demo. I don't have the coolant pump reconnected. ***** Includes a FREE Hardinge HC with the purchase of the Brown & Sharpe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 331
Ok, I'm probably not interested, just curious. I did a quick search and can't find much info on this grinder. With talk of PLC's and ladder logic and such, is this an early CNC grinder? What year and what are it's capabilities? At some point I'd like a smaller 6x18 grinder, maybe with hydraulic feeds but this looks more complicated than that.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

The Techmaster was sort of the next step from mechanical control of the hydraulics to electrical control of the table and wheel motions. It uses proximity switches to input table positions to the PLC (programmable logic control) which then actuated the hydraulic valves to reverse feed directions. The prox sensors are still set manually just like the travel stops on a conventional hydraulic machine. The logic table is sort of a fixed program that tells the control what action to take (0r not) when certain input conditions are met. For instance, if the magnet is not energized, it won't let the table traverse. When the table crosses the right prox sensor, the table switches back left. Some were equipped with auto down feed for the wheel head, this machine was not. The good news is it's a big and heavy 6x18 grinder, the bad news is it's is big and heavy 6x18 grinder. I would guess it's mid to late '80's vintage, the prints that came with the machine are dated late '83 and early '84.

Still for sale, currently powered up for demo. I don't have the coolant pump reconnected. ***** Includes a FREE Hardinge HC with the purchase of the Brown & Sharpe.

Cool machine! Is it still available? I'll shoot you a PM. Please let me know if it didn't go through; I've been having trouble sending them.

Make me an offer if you have any interest in this grinder. I would really like to have this space freed up before the snow flies.

The Brown & Sharpe Techmaster is still for sale. The Hardinge H/C went with the sale of the Brown & Sharpe mill I also had listed. Probably be closing up the shop the end of this year, need to move some machines out before my kids have to deal with them. I have my Rockford Shaper listed in the Antique forum for sale also. Jim

More pics of the spare parts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg