What's new
What's new

F. S. Cincinnati O D Grinder

gear cutter

Cast Iron
i have a large Cincinnati O D grinder for sale. It is a model E R. Mfg. 1942. 10" X 18" The machine is wired 480 V. The spindle motor is DC drive. Serial# S3P2AIL. i have 2 extra wheels for it. The table pivots to allow for taper grinding. Nothing is wrong with it. I send all my grinding out now and I need the space for more gear cutting machines. I think this weighs around 8,000 lbs. I can load it. Asking $800.00

Attachments

• Grinder.jpg
    Grinder.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 402
  • Grinder 2.jpg
    Grinder 2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 294
Is anybody interested in saving this nice old machine from the scrapper? $800.00 is what they are paying but I hate to see a good machine meet that fate.

Is anybody interested in saving this nice old machine from the scrapper? $800.00 is what they are paying but I hate to see a good machine meet that fate.

I keep coming back to your thread, wanting to say I'll take it. I'd love to have it, but there's just no way that I can fit it in here until we move to the new building. :(

I keep coming back to your thread, wanting to say I'll take it. I'd love to have it, but there's just no way that I can fit it in here until we move to the new building. :(

When are you moving to your new building? If I know for sure you will take it I will put it in storage in one of my other buildings. I just would like to know maybe how long it might stay there. Sent a P M

Do you still have the grinder and where are you in Missouri? I would be interested in having a look at it. Can it be changed to 220V or strictly 480?

Do you still have the grinder and where are you in Missouri? I would be interested in having a look at it. Can it be changed to 220V or strictly 480?

Yes I still have the grinder. I am South of ST Louis, about 45 minutes. Bloomsdale MO. I don't know about the D. C. drive for the spindle but the main motor is dual voltage. The machine weighs 10,000 lbs.

Yes I still have the grinder. I am South of ST Louis, about 45 minutes. Bloomsdale MO. I don't know about the D. C. drive for the spindle but the main motor is dual voltage. The machine weighs 10,000 lbs.

If you didn't send oliverdude an email you may want to, he's not posted since August.

And are you sure it's 10K lbs? My Brown and Sharpe 1020U is about 5500 lbs, your machine is about the same size. The correct weight would be helpful for anyone trying to get a shipping quote on it, as would L-W-H numbers.

It's roughly 8' X 6' X 4'. I guessed the weight at 8,000 lbs. But I was told by another P M member that it's heavier than that. I have no way to weigh it.

Maybe try contacting member johnoder, he's pretty handy with finding out such info.

I wanted this grinder ( still do ) but cannot do anything about it right now. I did speak with John about this. There is some minor ambiguity about the specs and model from the serial number, but from the specs that could be derived and the pictures, it should be expected that it absolutely does weigh every bit of the 10K stated.

Someone is going to get a beast of a good machine.

That is a great price for some one needing an OD grinder.

It was powered up when I got it and it ran really smooth. A friend of mine that worked at St. Louis Metallizing for years in their grinding department was with me. He wants the machine too, but he has no where to put it. It is pretty big the grinding wheels are 32" O. D. I think.

It was powered up when I got it and it ran really smooth. A friend of mine that worked at St. Louis Metallizing for years in their grinding department was with me. He wants the machine too, but he has no where to put it. It is pretty big the grinding wheels are 32" O. D. I think.

Well, if that machine takes a 32" (or thereabouts) wheel it's definitely heavier than my 1020U.

I have a slightly bigger version..12x24............I dont know what the big deal is..........even at 10,000lb,its still under 5 ton,and thats an easy shift for a truck,forklift ,or truck crane.......Unfortunately,mine is also going for scrap......not a space issue,but im over 70,and simply arent going to wait until Im hit by illness before thinning the flock.....I want to clear up on my terms....There is zero interest in grinders..hard inserts have killed grinding.

I have a slightly bigger version..12x24............I dont know what the big deal is..........even at 10,000lb,its still under 5 ton,and thats an easy shift for a truck,forklift ,or truck crane.......Unfortunately,mine is also going for scrap......not a space issue,but im over 70,and simply arent going to wait until Im hit by illness before thinning the flock.....I want to clear up on my terms....There is zero interest in grinders..hard inserts have killed grinding.

Long story but when I purchased this machine it was part of a group of machines. No one really wanted any of them except the scrap man. I was interested in a few machines so I bought them all and got a deal of a lifetime on the ones I wanted I did promise to keep them from the scrap yard if at all possible. I am doing the best I can. This is the only one I don't have a use for.

Here's a few more pictures of the old grinder. I would also trade this too.

Attachments

• 20180416_145223.jpg
    20180416_145223.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 20180416_144904.jpg
    20180416_144904.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20170306_093656.jpg
    20170306_093656.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 78

Back