What's new
What's new

F/S DeVliegs

Bellindustries

Cast Iron
DeVlieg 3B-48 (36" X 48") SN 10-200 built 1953(have history) with a type "E" index table (26" X 40"), and a Herbert DeVlieg 2B-36 (36" x 36") SN 18-10883 1968 (have history as well) fully tooled, with a set of DeVlieg angle plates (SN91089 A&B) all electrical schematics and operators/parts books to match and much original documentation as well. Plus 60+ boring bars, face mill arbors, M.T. holeders, end mill holders. Basically a turnkey package, just add parts!
$18,000 (or best offer) for pair and all tooling. Can be seen underpower!
PM email for pictures (ways, spares, ect.)
Terry

Last edited:
John will be able to put them to work!

If everything absolutely falls through I would be interested in all your tooling and parts. I already have a 2B and don't have room for another or the 3B.

For those who are unfamiliar, a 2B36 is almost as fast as a Bridgeport on small parts and will absolutely eat a Bridgeport's lunch on parts where 3/4 or larger end mills can be used, parts where the knee must be cranked, or parts over about 12" long. It will rough machine to tolerances a Bridgeport has trouble holding with great care, and will finish machine to tolerances that will require a Jo stack to check. The biggest difficulty is getting your head around horizontal machining.

Both of these machines are 40 taper machines with power drawbars.

It seems that all the Herbert DeVliegs that came to the States had a raised column giving an extra 12" of travel on the Y axis. The shop I bought mine from also had a U.S. 2B and they are identical except for the Y. I did some research when I got mine and I seemed that most Herberts were ordered with an index table. The extra travel would let you run a part 24+" long off the index.
Thanks,
Terry
P.S. pm's answered!

aboot the Herberts, seems like they were all made in England,no?
I ran a 3"X72" table travel(cant remember the head travel)maybe 48"?
It was a Herbert, I recall England on the pretty name plaque.
seems that way,my how things blur.
Detroit usta be plum full of these fine machines, I bet still 1,000s here?
Gw

Greg,
The Herberts where all made in Coventry England, by Alfred Herbert. I was never able to find out much about the joint venture other than DeVlieg licensed it and made sure the machines where part for part the same as the U.S. machines, except for the obvious!
Terry

There are holes through the column and counterweight made to insert a bar to secure the counterweight while shipping.

Back