What's new
What's new

Final Blowout of Collector's machinery

Chris999

Hot Rolled
Final machinery list:

This is a list of what’s left of Collector’s machinery. No you are not getting it for scrap price. Shane is extremely busy finishing up his move and it takes time to disconnect, prep and load machinery properly. Sending it to the scrapper just requires dumping it on a truck without any care…

I have my own business to run and am trying to help in a minor way. Send a text to 604-363-6195 with an email if you are actually serious and require more detail. If I haven’t listed voltage I don’t know. Buy a transformer if needed.

Shane can also be reached at 604 317 2816

All offers considered if I've got an obo beside the price.

All except the keyseater needs to be gone by next week. I'll store the keyseater for Shane until it's sold.

Hopefully some of you can give this a good hope. Shipping from Western Canuckistan is expensive, but the iron is in great condition. Getting it through the border is simple. I'll help with a customs broker.

Pix are here: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/members/chris999/albums/machine-pix/

PAMA boring mill: 39” spindle travel, 5” spindle dia.
108” x 68” x/y travel full rapids $15k obo

Monarch 62: 600V 16x78” (18" actual swing) reground ways. 600V Excellent condition $4k obo
Monarch 612: 31” x 120” mfg. 1974 460v $5k obo
Older Monarch 16x54 18.5” actual swing. Steadies etc. 460v Older machine but excellent condition $2500 obo

American Pacemaker 20” x 58” minor issues, carriage handwheel won’t stay on… Taper attach. Two speed tailstock. Chucks available 480volt a lot of lathe for the price… $3k obo

Lodge and Shipley Tru-turn lathe: Project lathe. It runs, but Carriage was dismantled and compound scraped but no time to re-assemble. 20.5” x 30” $1k … A thousand bucks and a weekend and it’s an awesome machine. It’s a Monster. $1k…

Butler 12” slotter : 440V $5k obo
Rockford 20” slotter: 220/440 $7k obo
Rockford 48” planer: excellent condition, 480 volt, $ 2k obo

Davis #5 keyseater: 460V includes one set of cutters from 1/16 – ¾” $7k obo
Lots of other tooling available metric and inch up to 1.5”

DoAll 21” bandsaw: 460V hydraulic table. New rubber on drive wheels. $1500
Churchill way grinder $2500 obo
Elliott / Invicta Shaper: $1k
Smith & Mills 24” shaper $1k
400 ton wheel press: runs perfectly. $3k
Cinci #5 vertical $5k obo
Cinci #5 horizontal with power overarm. Speed select through dial on pendant. $1000

Welders : synchrowave 350, cooler, torch, pedal plus a Dimension 400 MIG and feeder on a bench with the feeder on a overarm. $3k obo for all

Last edited:
If I had a week to move all that I'd be thrilled to get scrap prices.

I'm mystified why there was no auction.

Oops. My OFD is real bad these days. I thought I uploaded some new photos last night but I guess I for got to save them to the album.

I deleted photos of stuff that's gone and uploaded new ones.

Please re check the album...

Thanks

Are there steadys that go with the Lodge & Shipley? I'm interested in them if the lathe dies, providing I can afford shipping.

Hey Gbent, there’s phone numbers in the original post. Use em?

Big thanks to Chris999 for taking the time to post the pics and help out Collector.

Lucky7

can anyone cfm the approx weight of the Monarch 612, 31x120. If it is within the 13000lbs and a reasonable cost to transport, i may have convinced my wife i should bring it tom Ontario, assuming the tpt will make a slight detour, or even travel through Canada.

Hey Rob. When does the dude with the trailer have to leave?

Chris

I dont know, ASAP, read the thread and all the contact info for them is in 1st post. I am not involved other that to see it could work and connected these threads together.

Here is 1st post from 13000K trailer thread pointing to instagram for contact:
A quick note, the best wooden boat builder on YouTube, Leo Gooden of @sampsonboatco (instagram) just took delivery of all his deck beams via a delivery by @thepinkfireman. They're looking for a load for him to take back. It's a 25', 13,000lb trailer. Taking some antique machinery would seem to be totally on-brand for this adventure. This was posted today, February 19 and it sounds like he might be around for a few days at most. Either can be got a hold of on Instagram.

Last edited:
Rob, would you have a phone number. I am at work and not able to get on facebook, etc. I checked the instagram site for sampsonboatco but it listed a UK locn, number?

tks for yuor help. Mumf

edit, just tried 1-401-855-6737 that i see on the web page but the guy did not speak english??

Rob, would you have a phone number. I am at work and not able to get on facebook, etc. I checked the instagram site for sampsonboatco but it listed a UK locn, number?

tks for yuor help. Mumf

edit, just tried 1-401-855-6737 that i see on the web page but the guy did not speak english??

Sorry, All I know is what is in the post. I am not on instagram so dont really know anything about that.

tks Rob, appreciate it. I just got an email form Leo (boat blder) he has emailed the trl guy. I will give it an hour or two.

tried all PM to get an answer from Marshall the trl guy- I had to go out and just got back and have received an email that he cannot do it- no passport. I tried the other number you provided but there was no answer. I will see if they work Sat. Unfortunately i travel for work Sun-Thurs, so i may run out of time to organize this.

tks for your help Rob, Chris.

Back