What's new
What's new

Free: Jakobsen Surface Grinder - MN

mneuro

Cast Iron
I have a Jakobsen surface grinder up for grabs. Table measure 10" x 29.5".

We never use it, so it needs to go. Machine works, but I have been told Y-feed sticks.

I have no information on this machine at all. Name plate is wore off. Machine is under power, but will be disconnected tomorrow afternoon.

I estimate it weighs about 3500 lbs.

I don't care if you want to use it for production, use it for parts, or use it for scrap. I just need it gone.

We can definetly help load if it is going on a dock height truck. Almost sure we can help load if it is just onto a trailer or something.

Need it gone asap so let me know if you are interested. Machine located in Long Lake, MN.

I will attach a picture later tonight.

20190619_154432.jpg20190619_154441.jpg

These are the two pictures that I have. I will answer any questions the best that I can, but this machine is older than I am, and we have used it very rarely during the time I have been with the company.

The price is right, to bad the distance isn't. I have never seen a surface grinder anywhere close to that size that only weighs 3500#.

We have a forklift. If you can get to long lake before noon tomorrow you can see it under power.

Electrician is coming tomorrow to disconnect it, so if you dont want to see it under power, you can pick it up anytime after tomorrow afternoon.

I thought that Jakobsen was from Denmark.. I have never seen one, but that looks like a decent machine ..well worth picking up and trying to restore.
moving drop the wheel to free set on a piece of wood, set table locke with table at center.

wrap it up good so road grit out and lose parts off the highway.

guess you have to see what may be wrong with the cross,,perhaps oil or mechanical?

looks like one thing wrong with it..The stool

I thought that Jakobsen was from Denmark.. I have never seen one, but that looks like a decent machine ..well worth picking up and trying to restore.
moving drop the wheel to free set on a piece of wood, set table locke with table at center.

wrap it up good so road grit out and lose parts off the highway.

guess you have to see what may be wrong with the cross,,perhaps oil or mechanical?

looks like one thing wrong with it..The stool

Here is a link to another PM thread about the surface grinders. Gives a little bit of history on them:

Jakobsen (Denmark) surface grinders - Anyone familiar with ?

It is a nice little machine that has served the company well. We have been around for over 70 years and this is one of the relics still hanging around. I am very happy it is going to a home where it will be used, and not just scrapped.

Stool isn't part of the deal. We have spent too much time restoring it. Those red rags make it nearly brand new!

not at all related to this thread, but here is a picture of a moore precision tools work bench that i took from work, cleaned up, and use in my garage.

20181003_171200.jpg

talked to a guy who used it years ago, best I can figure is its from the 1950's

Surface grinder was picked up yesterday.

I got an opportunity to, in a very sketchy manner, pull some of my team together to load this grinder onto a trailer.

But more important, I got to meet a fellow PM member who was close in age to me. We got to talk about other companies in the industry, i got to show off the shop a little, and most importantly I got to talk to another person passionate about the work we do.

Big kudos to the community for making it all happen.

Super cool shop... its cool to see a shop that has no problem spending money on the good stuff. Nothing but HIGH end iron in use there. I love the twin spindle that got upgraded from tape control to fanuc 0M, hilarious when thats an upgrade... that machine was in better shape than a lot of machines from the 2000's.

Back