What's new
What's new

Fryer MB-14

Achilles Bill

Aluminum
I have a Fryer MB-14 that I am interested in selling as is. It is located in Connecticut. Has Anilam 1100M control. Getting message " dead stops have been reached". It's nowhere near any of the stops so I'm thinking a bad board somewhere or a bad switch. Also needs a new CRT screen. I've been using it with a Screen from a computer. Needs head rebuilt. Anyone interested in a project? Was using it occasionally until this morning when I got the error message.

That msg usually means the 3.6v battery on the memory board with the red toggle switch has gone bad and therefore lost it's parameters and your CNC programs. Batteries are <$15. Hopefully there is still a backup parameter disk with the machine. If not Fryer may have a copy still if you give them the model and s/n.
Tim
[email protected]

Thank you. I will check that out. I will check but I thought my programs were still all there. Kind off left it in frustration though. Will check further.Thanks again for the help.

Hi Bill,

Where in Connecticut are you located?

Joe
Joe I am located in Kensington, CT. It is central CT, Harttford, New Britain area?
Do you have any interest in this machine. I have some pictures but haven't figured out how to post them to Practical Machinist yet.
Thanks Bill

Back