What's new
What's new

FS: Bridgeport Mill $1600 Located in SoCal

Steve NB

Aluminum
Here's a good condition Bridgeport Milling machine I have for sale.

The ways are in pretty good condition, runs fairly well but as usual with an older machine it needs some maintenance when you get time. The spindle return spring could use replacement and the overall machine could use a cleaning. I use it every week for projects here in the shop.

Great candidate for a restoration. Does not come with collets or a vise. But all the Bridgeport handles for the mill are present. Please take a look at the pics and let me know if you want to stop by and take a look or have questions.

It's located in Riverside 92503 in a industrial unit. Neighbor has a forklift you can rent from him.

20140822_094151[1].jpg20140822_093941[1].jpg20140822_094131[1].jpg

If that machine was in WesternNorthCarolina , I would pick it up this week-end my friend. But gas or shipping from west coast drives the price way to high for me , wanna drive a truck out here to NC ? I'll take ya fishing or we might go catch a bear with my plott dogs ?

The market in LA must saturated.

Might try posting it on a gun site, Calguns. That mill is cheap enough for anybody to buy.

Another thought is, maybe many people are afraid or don't want to learn using a manual machine.

Tom

If you haven't yet put it on Craiglist. I got rid of a half dozen like mills for a better average price in the middle of the recession and I was in zip 92509. I tried here first but that was a mistake, seemed people here expected something dirt cheap to be in pristine condition.

Bridgeport Mill

The ways are in pretty good condition, runs fairly well but as usual with an older machine it needs some maintenance when you get time. The spindle return spring could use replacement and the overall machine could use a cleaning. I use it every week for projects here in the shop.

Great candidate for a restoration. Does not come with collets or a vise. But all the Bridgeport handles for the mill are present. Please take a look at the pics and let me know if you want to stop by and take a look or have questions.

It's located in Riverside 92503 in a industrial unit. Neighbor has a forklift you can rent from him.

View attachment 115549View attachment 115550View attachment 115551

Hi Steve I,m located in riverside 92509. Would like to look at mill, Could you call me 951-201 9579 Thanks Dan

If you haven't yet put it on Craiglist. I got rid of a half dozen like mills for a better average price in the middle of the recession and I was in zip 92509. I tried here first but that was a mistake, seemed people here expected something dirt cheap to be in pristine condition.

Tightwads on PM? You gotta be kidding me................:stirthepot:

Tightwads on PM? You gotta be kidding me................:stirthepot:

First time I tried multi-quoting we will see what happens. I was having a fire sale about 5 years ago. I had a bunch of manual mills and some CNC mills I had set up in a machining cell to make mounting brackets and plates for dual alternator kits. I basically only sold to limousine manufacturers and that industry died with the recession.
I badly needed to put something in the space I could make money with. A job shop doesn't need 10 machines that do the same thing. I listed a 10 x 54 PC based Lagun CNC Mill for $1500 that was about 20 years old with a 10 year old controller. Some of the questions I got from people in here would make you think I had another zero on the end of the price. One clown asked if I would pay a tech of his choosing to inspect it and write a report ($400). Another asked if it would circular interpolate a hole perfectly round within .0002, and repeat. Another wanted to know if it could rigid tap 0-80 threads. All I got from PM was a thousand questions no one ever came out to look at it. After two weeks I put it on Craigslist, sold on first day for asking price. Guy just turned the motor on, said for that price he didn't need to check it out.

I sure need a Bridgeport..........

........to utilize the Ultron Snap Change set I bought years ago. Someday!

Dual, Would that mill hold .0005" True Position on drilled holes? :D

How are you getting along in the new location?

........to utilize the Ultron Snap Change set I bought years ago. Someday!

Dual, Would that mill hold .0005" True Position on drilled holes? :D

How are you getting along in the new location?

Good points, fresh air no smog, no traffic if you stay off HWY 95, seasons change like clockwork (No 85 degrees on Christmas). Everything is green, gang graffiti is rare, the bad neighborhoods look better than those in Southern Cal, people are friendlier.

Bad points, sourcing supplies, there is not a real tooling store in the whole state. Sometimes you like to look at what you buy, the closest thing is Grainger's and they stock next to nothing. While there are a decent amount of metal and plastic suppliers they have limited stock, no one sells tool steel. I buy a lot of stuff from McMaster now, so I pay more and can't pass the cost on because they are jobs I have run for ages.

Another East Coast BS, metal and plastic suppliers charge full price UPS shipping or truck freight to bring in items from other branches if they are out of stock. In California they would pull things in even from neighboring states for you no shipping charge. Another East Coast thing, supplier websites will list items they either don't carry anymore or will bring in at 3x reasonable price. If a California place listed 3/8" 416 rod it was good in stock at $3 a pound if you bought 25 pounds. Here it will be listed on a website, but 2 week lead time and 3x what McMaster Carr sells it for.

Funny I researched supplies before moving. I assumed if someone listed something on their website it was good in stock. If you have the "I need it now" attitude and are willing to drive even a couple hundred miles you are out of luck even if it is just a gallon of hydraulic oil you need. I know McMaster is next day delivery but every once in a while on Friday morning you need something for the weekend.

Good points, fresh air no smog, no traffic if you stay off HWY 95, seasons change like clockwork (No 85 degrees on Christmas). Everything is green, gang graffiti is rare, the bad neighborhoods look better than those in Southern Cal, people are friendlier.

Bad points, sourcing supplies, there is not a real tooling store in the whole state. Sometimes you like to look at what you buy, the closest thing is Grainger's and they stock next to nothing. While there are a decent amount of metal and plastic suppliers they have limited stock, no one sells tool steel. I buy a lot of stuff from McMaster now, so I pay more and can't pass the cost on because they are jobs I have run for ages.

Another East Coast BS, metal and plastic suppliers charge full price UPS shipping or truck freight to bring in items from other branches if they are out of stock. In California they would pull things in even from neighboring states for you no shipping charge. Another East Coast thing, supplier websites will list items they either don't carry anymore or will bring in at 3x reasonable price. If a California place listed 3/8" 416 rod it was good in stock at $3 a pound if you bought 25 pounds. Here it will be listed on a website, but 2 week lead time and 3x what McMaster Carr sells it for.

Funny I researched supplies before moving. I assumed if someone listed something on their website it was good in stock. If you have the "I need it now" attitude and are willing to drive even a couple hundred miles you are out of luck even if it is just a gallon of hydraulic oil you need. I know McMaster is next day delivery but every once in a while on Friday morning you need something for the weekend.

You are in VA? Ill see if I can find a tooling supplier Ive used before if youd like

Well it's off to it's new owner who found me via PM here. He showed up on time and with cash money.

I was so surprised based off my craigslist experiences I threw in a 8" vise for the mill I had extra here.

Good luck with the mill Dan, make some money with it !!

View attachment 115549View attachment 115550View attachment 115551

Industrial Assets Machinery - Your premier source for quality, used industrial machinery!

We are always looking to buy used mills, shoot us your offer using the link I left or feel free to give us a call.

- Industrial Assets Machinery

Back