Stainless
I'm selling by Brother TC-S2A-O.

Specs:
Travels: X-27.5in, Y-14.17in, Z-10.6in
Spindle: 10,000 RPM
Number of tools: 14
Tapping max RPM: 6000
Helical Milling (Thread Milling): Yes
Chip-to-Chip tool change time is 2 seconds.
Taper: BT30
Control: Brother A00
Weight: 4100lb
Year: 2000
Voltage: 230v, 3ph
Yuasa 170mm 4th axis included (not on the machine currently)
All manuals

Tooling and vises NOT included.
Manual Pulse generator is included.

$13,000

I can load it on your truck or trailer.

This machine runs great and is very reliable. The reason I am selling is because I bought another machine that is a generation newer to get more tooling and memory capacity. I have done a lot of upgrades to this machine while I've had it. The Y axis was in bad shape when I got it because the previous owner let the chips build up. Consequently the Y axis ball screw, linear bearings, servo motor, and thrust bearing have all been replaced. Additionally I put a new spindle in it because the old one had more run-out than I wanted. The current spindle has about .0001" runout with a Maritool check probe. Also the firmware has been upgraded to the latest version available for the A00 control and you can drip feed to this machine. I tested drip feeding but never used it.

The machine is still completely supported by Yamazen with replacement parts.

Despite being 20+ years old it is amazingly fast in just about every way.

It will be about a month before it's available. Still running parts with it.

If you have questions send me a PM.

Front View.jpgSide View.jpgYuasa 4th.jpg

I really wish I had the need for another machine. This would look mighty nice sitting next to my S2B. :)

I can’t seem to find a dimensional drawing of this machine. Do you know if it will fit through a standard 7’ garage door with the energy chain disconnected?

It should no problem. If tight, just remove the Z axis motor.

Thanks for the info. I have been doing a ton of research for my first vmc; mainly fadal. I think this brother would be perfect for me but bad timing at the moment.

Pete, if this is still available in a few months, then I will be very interested. Good luck in the meantime.

Dang! Wish I had seen this, I need a 4th but it would be slick to have it on another machine. I could have run the small parts on it.

DANG :D

Back