FS Factory made casted welding tables.. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As someone who is in the market for a welding/fixture table, it should be noted a brand new 3'x6' Weldsale platen is $2700 + $1100 for the stand

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What does it matter how many items I have for sale? Why does it matter if you know me or not to deal with me? We have to be friends for you to buy or deal with me? What is it with all the opinions here that wasn't asked for?

It may say 5000.00 but I may settle for half that or less. You would know that if you was a serious buyer and tried dealing with me on these..

To many Internet Commandos on here. If you want to deal then let's deal if you don't then don't and move on...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In addition to price there is another thing working against you. Plain cast iron tables make shitty welding tables. These tables provide no way of fixturing and you can't weld temporary fixtures to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoyance View Post
    In addition to price there is another thing working against you. Plain cast iron tables make shitty welding tables. These tables provide no way of fixturing and you can't weld temporary fixtures to them.
    Better than granite - I've seen a few surface plates where large chunks had spalled out due to local overheating by someone doing gas or TIG welding. Magnetic fixture blocks would work well here, as long as the magnets didn't get too close to the heat source.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.M. View Post
    What does it matter how many items I have for sale? Why does it matter if you know me or not to deal with me? We have to be friends for you to buy or deal with me? What is it with all the opinions here that wasn't asked for?

It may say 5000.00 but I may settle for half that or less. You would know that if you was a serious buyer and tried dealing with me on these..

To many Internet Commandos on here. If you want to deal then let's deal if you don't then don't and move on...
    My sympathies for that response. It's often my attitude, too. Many responses, not all having to do with the matter directly at hand, are both the blessing and the curse of PM.

The requirement to contribute in ways other than selling is a serious one, though. PM is primarily a message board and policy is to keep it that way. It's a privately owned site and the owner and moderators have the authority to delete posts and ban posters to that end, should they so choose. Right or wrong, that's how it is and we have to deal with it.

Good luck with your sale.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoyance View Post
    If you look at the 4x4 table it's drilled and tapped on all 5 sides. I have welded on these for years and they have always worked out. The big one was for big items and there always was a way to clamp stuff off the edge and the t slot. A few more t slots would have been nice but never had to have. The little table is a factory drilled and tapped weld platten it's just not big enough for me. Looking for something in the 4x10 range to replace both of these..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.M. View Post
    Most here on PM are a no BS straight forward crowd. On average, I see members throw stuff up here for sale at reasonable prices. No haggling, no trying to squeeze anyone, no trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes....................................Items I have bought and sold almost never need offers and counter offers and endless dealing to get to the right price. When selling here and your price is a few bucks high, no one responds. Adjust accordingly. When your price is astronomically high, you get a thread just like this one. Post it like it should be and folks will pay it. This ain't Fleebay or Craig's List. Expect some feedback whether you like it or not..............................................

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As someone who has purchased from David N, I appreciate his attitude.

Lucky7

9. Likes Microshaped liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    Item's I have bought and sold almost never need offers and counter offers and endless dealing to get to the right price. When selling here and your price is a few bucks high, no one responds. Adjust accordingly.
    Same here. I buy and sell things from time to time. I post a price I think is fair and usually the reply is "I'll take it". If I don't hear anything, I lower the price. Some things don't sell for various reasons, and that's fine. If anyone makes a reasonable offer, I usually accept it.

I'd rather sell things on this forum for half what I can sell it for on craigslist or ebay. It's good Karma and much less hassle.

11. Likes david n liked this post