FS K & T 4K universal horizontal mill
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default FS K & T 4K universal horizontal mill

This big mill is now surplus to me. I've used it for roughing stock to near size. Works good, worst feature is every fourth gear is missing on the feeds. The front of the table has a few apprentice marks. The fixture plate on the table also has a squaring rail for working the ends of stock. There are two arbor supports and a couple of arbors I have never used. The overarms are free. It can be seen under power as long as you want to pick it up at a later date.

I would like $2,000, and that includes the 8" Kurt II, the tee nuts, face mill, and the step blocks shown. I can load a suitable trailer. She is a heavy girl, about 13,000#.

k-t-mill-1.jpgk-t-mill2.jpgk-t-mill3.jpgk-t-mill4.jpg

2. Likes JRock1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TTT There are also a number of end mill holders and some other 50 taper tooling. $1500 without the vise. Its a model K, so it has rear controls. You can drive it like a boring mill.

Post Thanks / Like

Good shot of the CUNO FILTER I was talking about recently

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by johnoder View Post
    Good shot of the CUNO FILTER I was talking about recently
    Yes, and for those who don't know, never turn the handle when the hydraulics are running. One turn is all it requires.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These are outstanding machines. Last shop I worked at had a beautiful looking example but it was all worn out. We tore it apart and had the ways ground then fitted Turcite. Nice and tight after that, a pleasure to run. Some of the quietest machines I've used at top speed too, very smooth running.

I think the every 4th feed not working sounds familiar too. If I recall correctly the feed gears need to be "timed" correctly or this happens. I think it may have happened to me when I reassembled the rebuilt machine and re-timing fixed it.