What's new
What's new

FS: Linley Jig Borer $600

rustygreen

Aluminum
Hi everyone,

I'm somewhat reluctantly looking for a new home for my Linley. I started my business with this machine, but it's just not earning its floor space anymore.

It's in perfect working order with little wear as far as I can tell. The screws are smooth and snug, and it makes great parts within its modest work envelope. It has the variable speed pulley drive, up and down power feed for the quill, and a full set of the sweet late-model collets. It is as least as rigid as my Bridgeport and it will push a 1/2" end mill no problem. The 4" Kurt vise and a few pieces of tooling are included.

I ran this on a cheap Teco VFD that looks like it won't power on since I last used the machine. I can either convert the machine back to 3-phase for you, or sell it as-is and you can troubleshoot this VFD (good luck) or swap in your choice of replacement.

Located in Waltham, MA. $600 to PM members, failing that I'll either keep it or put it on Craigslist for double. :-)

IMG_2778.jpg IMG_2776.jpg IMG_2777.jpg

so you're selling a Kurt vise plus some tooling and throwing in a jig borer for free then? :)

Being in Texas makes this an easy decision unfortunately!

These are cool little machines glad to see interest that will result in a good home
Means I don’t have to scrape up 600 bucks for something I don’t need

These are cool little machines glad to see interest that will result in a good home
Means I don’t have to scrape up 600 bucks for something I don’t need

Heck six hundred is about a few tanks of gas these days. If I still lived in somerville and worked in waltham,
this would be mine right now!

Back