What's new
What's new

FS: Maho MH800 Mill

ewlsey

Diamond
Maho MH800 vertical and horizontal milling machine.

I bought this machine with the intention of fixing it up a bit and using it. It's been sitting for a year now and I haven't really done anything with it. So, I'm selling it.

I believe the travels are 800mm in X and 500mm in Y and Z. 40 taper. Has a quill in the vertical head. Power feed in all axes. Work light. Coolant. 2000 RPM gear drive spindle. Universal table rotates in 3 axes and has additional travel in and out.

The good:
Inch screws in all axes. All dials are in .001 inches.
Super stout machine. Weighs about 7,500lbs.
Wear on the ways is minimal. Original flaking and scraping marks still visible.
Machine was functional when removed from service. Came from the tool room of US facility of a large German company.
Universal table, swiveling vertical head, and horizontal spindle allows for some pretty wild setups.

The bad:
Machine is 575 volts. You will need a transformer to run it.
The way covers are all damaged and need to be replaced.
Cover for electrical components missing (simple sheet metal cover).
Cooling fan on spindle motor is missing. Key and snap ring are taped to shaft, so I'm sure they were getting ready to replace it and never got it done.
Some of the hand wheels are broken and the knee elevating hand wheel and crank are shop made (but work fine).
The drive dog for the vertical head has one corner cracked. Doesn't really affect operation, but it is broken.

$2,750. Can load. Figure on shipping via flatbed. Delivery possible within a reasonable distance of Peoria, IL. Email me at [email protected]

Pics in a few minutes.

Here we go. I forgot to mention that the machine has a 3 axis Fagor DRO, but the power supply is bad. There rechargeable batteries have opened up. Should be a pretty easy fix for an electrically savvy guy.

IMG_1275.jpg IMG_1272.jpg IMG_1276.jpg IMG_1277.jpg IMG_1278.jpg

Seems like a great price for what it is. 575V is not an issue. A couple of 240-575-V single phase dry type transformers arranged open delta, and you’re off and running. Transformers are probably <$300 each on eBay. I got a couple for my Aciera, but smaller kVA than this will need, for <$200 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been 6 months now since Tannewitz expressed interest. I'd say it's not going to happen.

So, the mill is still available.

Hmmm. According to Google Peoria to Waukesha is 208.3 miles. Please maintain the 200 mile limit so I won't need to worry about it.

How does the table rotate in 3 axes and have additional travel? Not seeing that at all in the photos. Looks like it swivels in X. Does the whole knee rotate in Y and Z? How does it have additional travel.

Surprised you're not getting more action on this. Looks like hell of a machine. Is there a year of manufacture on the data plate?

How does the table rotate in 3 axes and have additional travel? Not seeing that at all in the photos. Looks like it swivels in X. Does the whole knee rotate in Y and Z? How does it have additional travel.

Surprised you're not getting more action on this. Looks like hell of a machine. Is there a year of manufacture on the data plate?

Idk if he's answered your question or not in a pm, but the table has a large dovetail slide which is operated by the left handwheel iirc (I should know I own a mh800). The right handwheel rotates the whole top after loosening a few large bolts and engaging the worm. The tilting and swiveling are controlled on the left and below the hand wheels with a square drive wrench sort of like a bridgeport I think. iirc the machine is a 1967 or 1968, which have a few minor improvements over mine. Very much a tank of a machine.

I just wanted to say, I purchased this machine from wesley last friday. It delivered this am. It was exactly as wesley described, and maybe plus some a little bit. I would not hesitate to buy something from him again. Great guy to deal with.

Back