Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by coontz74 View Post
    There are local suppliers around but will only sell to shops with an account. I’m going to stop by one of those shops this week and hopefully pick up a scrap end of something they have.
    Any major credit or debit card makes "account enough" with some- "real" cash as well. It isn't 1915 any longer.

You'll have a better reception if you actually order sumthin' of value. I started with beams and lintels for home renovation, added columns and custom load-bearing plates for top and bottom, buy chain, eyebolts, and such plus some of my hand tools and chemicals from the same outlet.

I now need to order some square tubing in a coupla sizes, etc.

Once established, an add-on for a bit of plate is no longer resisted as an expensive nuisance. You've become a "regular customer" with long-term future value, (close-on 30 years with my one..) even if only by putting in a good word to others now and then.

2CW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by coontz74 View Post
    It is actually in my garage under the house..(split level). It is quite large, especially for my space but I’m making it work.

I was wanting a 14x40 something, but this came along about 10 miles from my house so I couldn’t pass it up.

I was looking at a Kerry in Connecticut I believe it was, and a Royal in New York. After figuring gas and motel stays from my location here in Georgia made this Howa a no brainer...

It has a 6 jaw Buck Adjust Tru chuck that needs a little attention, but overall I’m pleased with the lathe so far.

I also need to source a blank T nut for my Aloris CXA as the one I had for the Okuma is way too small.

I have found a blank straight from Aloris that comes with a new stud, but whewww... $80 just seemed high to me...
    I probably have some scrap laying around that would fit the bill. Let me know roughly what size you'd need.

New lathe looks awesome.

3. Likes coontz74 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SamH View Post
    I probably have some scrap laying around that would fit the bill. Let me know roughly what size you'd need.

New lathe looks awesome.

Thanks for the compliment on the lathe Sam...

Looks like any thickness 3/4” or greater (I can mill it down), width needs to be 2.5” or greater (again, I can mill it if wider) and about 3.25” in length would be great.

Let me know what you have around and I’ll GLADLY send you some funds via any method you prefer.

Thanks for the offer. I’m PM’ing you as well.