What's new
What's new

FS Rahn Mayer Carpenter 16 x 60 flat belt lathe

cretedog

Hot Rolled
Early 1900s lathe with accessories for sale. Original motor, jackshaft, multiple chucks, change gears and a steady. Bought from an operating shop for too much money many years ago when I first started collecting. Don't see ever getting to this one and would like to see it go to someone who will belt it up and at least give it a try.

Skidded and ready to load in Grand Forks, ND. About 11' long x 4' deep and maybe 4000lbs. Free loading on your adequate open top truck or trailer.

Price- $50, 2 cases of Coors Light in bottles, and some assurance that it won't be heading right to the scrap yard. Email me if interested. Must go soon.

IMG_5364.jpg IMG_5370.jpg IMG_5366.jpg IMG_5365.jpg IMG_5372.jpg

Thank you, JMc

Curious what condition the way are near the chuck, and if the ways go all the way to the end under the drive, there appears to be a spacer of some sort under there.?? I have never heard of this brand, how wide is it at the ways? Thanks

Dr. H- Condition of the ways is... 115 years old;) (And too dirty to see much) C to C of carriage vee ways is about 13.5", C to C of tailstock vee ways is about 8.5". See attached pic of ways at headstock end. I don't see a spacer of any kind.
IMG_5550.jpg IMG_5551.jpg IMG_5552.jpg IMG_5371.jpg

Regards, JMc

I've never heard of the maker, but that logo on the tag is fun (Eureka!). Even without a gearbox, I'd say this lathe still has lots of use left in it.

Back