What's new
What's new

FS Rathbone chucker lathe

Browning1932

Plastic
For sale Rathbone chucker lathe. Been sitting for a few years. Everything is there some tooling included. 800.00 or bo.

I think.....your gonna need to post some pix.

I am probably one of the few people that has even heard of one. The one I had was basically a poor man's Hardinge HC. I took it in on a debt and ended giving it away when I moved east. With Hardinge HCs worth little these days I doubt people will be lining up to buy a Rathbone. I did strip the tooling off mine before I gave it away, the 6 position turret was an exact copy of the Hardinge. They have tubular ways. I now remember I pretty much paid someone to take it. It was the reducing inventory fire sale before moving. A guy was trying to beat me down on price on a PC driven CNC Mill. I told him if he wanted the mill $200 cheaper he had to take the Rathbone. I also believe the machines were made in the late 50's early 60's from the looks of them.

I had a Rathone with TGP bedways in granite pillow blocks..... very very precise machine. Took standard Hardinge tooling. Drive was very complicated, many edge cards. Eventually changed it over to gang tooling and updated the drive.

Back