What's new
What's new

FS Rusnok 850 Precision Fixture Mill NNJ $2700

itsmeBernie

Hot Rolled
Great Original Shape Rusnok 850 "Precision Fixture Mill".

All axis in head move smoothly and easily... overarm, column, and tilts
Renowned “Zero Backlash" Table is smooth and solid. One of the things this mill is known for.
“No Back Lash Climb milling”
“To eliminate all back lash, the milling table and cross slide are assembled with double bronze nuts which assure positive and the ultimate in table movement accuracy. Two roller thrust bearings are also provided against the inner and outer surfaces of the end plates.”

A REAL, heavy duty, little milling machine- compact, and very easy to operate accurately.
Machine weighs about 195 pounds total, but the head and table easily come off with a few bolts to break the whole machine down to three pieces, 49, 57, and 90 pounds each.

Comes with:
-Kurt 3 inch vise (was renovated and repainted by previous owner, but does the job just the same)
-Techniks DA100 Collet Set - 8 pieces 1/8-9/16
-Wrenches and Allen keys to make all the movements on the mill.

Other accessories available for sale Extra if interested!
-Drill chucks
-rotary tables (different sizes)
-center finders
-Indicators.. just ask

See it run under power. Serious, interested buyers only please.
[email protected]

Bernie

IMG_8813.jpgIMG_8811.jpgIMG_8819.jpgIMG_8818.jpgIMG_8812.jpg

Head:
1/3hp 110v single phase reversing motor (normal household)
Five spindle speeds — 380, 700, I200, 2500 and 5200 rpm
Cam rotation of motor mount permits easy belt changes.
Weight, milling head, motor and overarm bracket - 57 pounds.

Base:
Minimum height base to collet nose with quill enclosed, 6-1/4”
3" Diameter keyed vertical column travel, 5-3/4”
2-1/4” Diameter keyed overarm travel, 6"
Minimum distance spindle to column, 4-1/2”
Base area for slides and fixtures, 10'’ x 12''
Brackets permit compound angular settings and indicator sweep vertical position.
Weight, base less mill head, 90 pounds.

Cross Slide Table:
5-3/4 x 13 in
Travel 6" x 4-1/2
T—slot 5/8
Roller Bearings thrust all directions.
Dials graduated O-I00 thousandths travel per revolution.
Lever locks for both table and cross slide.
Lubrication thru oil fittings.
Weight 49 pounds.

newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/d/roseland-rusnok-850-precision-fixture/7163572851.html

It is very heavy and precise for such a compact machine with a smaller work envelope.
I put a DC motor on the one I am keeping.
Maybe I should offer that as an upgrade?

Bernie

Feel free to make reasonable offers..
I am willing to ship it, I will double-check Fastenal and see if they are taking shipments like this anymore.

If I get no hits here I am going to be putting it on Ebay shortly.
Thanks everyone

Hi Everyone.. I am lowering the price for a few days until I have to put it on Ebay.
$2500
I also have a T-nut set for it that I forgot to post picture of.

Before you give it away, I would try some of the home shop sites, not sure this place is really the market you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It'll sell once you raise it up to $5K

P.S. More seriously though, I think you'll have better luck on the hobby sites.

It'll sell once you raise it up to $5K

P.S. More seriously though, I think you'll have better luck on the hobby sites.

Thanks man, I totally get you. I know this machine was seriously made for pros once, that being pretty long ago. They were operating until a few years ago, but not with as much success, obviously. It is a seriously accurate machine, especially for it's size, but it does lend itself to hobbyists now, for sure.

Thanks man, I totally get you. I know this machine was seriously made for pros once, that being pretty long ago. They were operating until a few years ago, but not with as much success, obviously. It is a seriously accurate machine, especially for it's size, but it does lend itself to hobbyists now, for sure.

In the days when there were no CNC, it was a very useful mill for small precision work. Now days it is just easier/faster/more accurate to throw the work into a CNC mill. There is a trickle down affect whereby machines that a generation ago would have been in a production shop are now more suited for hobby use.

That being said, I own several Rusnoks, I use one of them as a small benchtop drill press, handy once in a while for quick and dirty work on small parts.

Have you tried listing it on horology web sites? BTW what is the spindle taper?

what ones are you thinking? Not sure there are any that allow sales for some bizarre reason or another, like the commotion it would cause would be life threatening/changing. I'd have thought an exchange of specialized stuff among members of a community would be a good thing....but they are all adamantly against it

Back