What's new
What's new

FS Sodick AP500 wire EDM machine

greggv

Hot Rolled
This is a nice machine, in good working condition, with all the manuals, wire squaring block, all the original floppies, and some spares. I think it's a 1998 model but I'm not positive. Has new overlays on the keyboards. Been maintained well. We're buying a new machine and don't have the room for two of these machines. I realize that these things loose their value quickly when they get older, but...It's hooked up right now, but won't be for long. I guess I'm looking for offers. The only problem that it has that I know of is if you turn it off when it's already warmed up, it's not going to want to restart untill it cools off. Been like that for a few years now. The RS232 works, I understand some of these machines didn't have RS232. We're in the Los Angeles Ca. area.

Pics, and ballpark price? Can you load? Does it have a threader? Is this a submerged machine?

I'll get pictures later today. I can't load, but I believe we'll have the machine outside and ready to go. We do have riggers nearby, who are reasonable in their pricing. It does have a threader, which works well. It is a submerged machine. I'm thinking 7500.00.IMG_0016.jpgIMG_0015.jpg

none of the tooling will go with it except MAYBE the 3R ruler, without the dovetails and clamps. That is if I can't use it on the new machine we're buying. All the other tooling is shop made anyhow. I have no idea on the shipping costs, but you might find out. This is a really nice, ready to go to work machine. I've been told that in the day, these machines sold for over two hundred large!

Sorry for all the questions. I have one last question, do you have the table clamps to put on for shipping,and do you have a way to make sure all the water is out of the machine including the pumps? thanks Jason

I can easily dry out the tank and pumps. I donno about the clamps. I attached a photo of the only clamp part that came with it, and it looks more like a milling head hold down. I do have some new and used spare parts with it, several sets of .010 wire guides, I believe 1 set of .012 guides, a new threading needle, new door seal, some contacts (if they don't fit the new machine), the wire squaring block, 2 new filters, and a few Sodick special tools to set the lower head up and remove the lower guide. I'd have to think you'ld be better off comming here and securing things yourself. We have a fully equipped shop and can make whatever you need for clamps since I don't know what they even look like.

Back