What's new
What's new

FS: Supermax 16VS mill (needs work)

btm

Hot Rolled
This mill used to have an old Anilam CNC 3 axis conversion kit mounted on it. The cnc control was not reliable, so I removed it and started converting it to a manual mill. I recently came across a good deal on a larger mill, so this one needs to go. I do not have time to finish it.

To finish, it needs X and Y axis dials and handles. One end of the X axis ball screw will need to be turned down to allow the endcap / bearing assembly and dials to be mounted.

The original head had many power feed parts removed to allow the Z axis cnc assembly to be mounted. That head was removed, and I found a complete, matching Supermax head on Ebay.
That head runs fine, but the spindle has a rattle to it. I've used it for milling and drilling, but it does not leave a great finish when milling. It may need new bushings and / or bearings.

It has box ways on the knee and Y axis that are in great shape.

Here's what is included:

-new Y axis bracket and bearing assembly from a Sharp mill
-1 new X axis bracket / bearing assembly from a Sharp mill (I was planning to use a power feed on the other end)
-new dial holders
-new quill return spring
-2 central lube systems. One for the table (X and Y) and one for the knee.
-X and Y axis ball screws in good condition.

I'm asking $1000 for everything. If you live within 2 hours of Milton, PA, I can deliver if you agree to pay for gas.

btm

I hate to scrap this machine. How about $700?
I'll consider parting it out also.

Back