What's new
What's new

FS: Tree Journeyman 325

Mike RzMachine

Cast Iron
FS 1991 Tree Journeyman 325 in Salt Lake City Utah

I’m selling my J325 to make room for a bigger machine. I’ve had a great experience with this machine, very capable for its age and size and has proven reliable in my use. It has box ways, Delta 20, DNC and helical interpolation. I’ve been programming it with HSMworks/Fusion360 and it works great with their Dynapath Postprocessor. DNC over RS232 has been reliable and makes the machine productive even with the limited memory. ZPS supports Tree machines, Dynapath still supports the control and the folks at both companies are very helpful. This is a great garage mill as it fits under a 77” threshold rolling on bar stock and runs from a 40A 240V circuit. I included scans of the installation drawing for size reference and some example parts, all steel, stainless and Ti.

My new machine uses different tooling so am selling this as a package including vise, a good selection of tool holders, compressor and the phase converter. When I bought this as a bare machine, I ended up spending more on tooling and support equipment than the machine and put together a nice array of tooling for mixed prototype work. All tool holders and studs are quality Mari, Redline, Techniks, Tegara (I use these for drills), Lyndex, Richmond. I’m also including two tools which massively improve on setup time, a Haimer 3d sensor and a Techniks tool setter. This is essentially everything you need minus cutting tools and a computer. I’m happy to give a quick run down of the work flow I came up with for setup and running parts.

$8500 for the package. Please contact by private message here.

I’m having a rigging company move this mill to their warehouse in Salt Lake City when they deliver my new machine. They can load on a truck or trailer for a reasonable price so you don’t have to coordinate your own riggers for pick up.

27” X Travel, 14” Y Travel, 6” Z Travel plus 16” Knee Travel

6000 RPM CAT40 Spindle, Rebuilt last fall, all new barden bearings with about 100 hours of spindle time since. Mist and compressed air nozzles that switch on with the spindle as needed.

Dynapath Delta 20 Controller, Supports DNC, Macros, Helical Interpolation, Jogwheel

All servo motors rebuilt with new bearings, seals, resurfaced commutator and new brushes, new drive belts.

Bijur autolube pump

Spare Controller, screen, keyboard, servo motor.

Tooling and support equipment:

American Rotary - Gentec 10HP Rotary Phase converter
Kurt D675 Vise with work stop
Edge CT40 Tightening Fixture
Techniks Pull Stud Socket
Techniks Tool Setter
Sierra Tool Racks – 20 places, plus a tilted shelf.
ER20 Collet Chuck, QTY 9
ER16 Collet Chuck, QTY 1
ER32 Collet Chuck, QTY 1 – this holds the Haimer probe
Endmill Sidelock, 1/4 QTY 1
Endmill Sidelock, 3/8 QTY 4
Endmill Sidelock, 1/2 QTY 3
Endmill Sidelock, 1", QTY 1
3/4 Milling Chuck, QTY 1
2" Mari Facemill with holder
Boring Head – nothing special here
Haimer 3D Sensor
ER20 Collet Set
Misc ER32, ER16 collets
pull studs
air compressor – 2 hp
Serial Cable

Ppa4h5U.jpg

RMByCIJ.jpg

K065Dr3.jpg

RMByCIJ.jpg

9FvSTNo.jpg

4i78jsm.jpg

iYpxdCS.jpg

O2rfcNx.jpg

JWYPKnx.jpg

90NL9e6.jpg

YNDr1CC.jpg

9nQ3qBG.jpg

vLp4LLQ.jpg

XTdezJN.jpg

Last edited:
I'll vouch for the Dynapath Delta 20 controls.
I have two of them on similar knee mills. They may be old, but they've held up incredibly well and are very capable. As the OP mentioned, they are still well supported.
I wouldn't be afraid to buy another mill with one of these controls.

btm

Nice machine. I too will say the Dynapath is a very solid control. Hope you get what you are looking for.

The sheet metal cover over the quill and spindle motor both unbolt easily, and with the quill extended down, the remaining height is 76" on this machine. Maybe there are other variants that you have experience with.

The sheet metal cover over the quill and spindle motor both unbolt easily, and with the quill extended down, the remaining height is 76" on this machine. Maybe there are other variants that you have experience with.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. The specs in the manual you posted say its 80" high, so I just didn't want someone to get a disappointing surprise on unloading day.

Back