What's new
What's new

Good thread rolling machine/brand

APIAerospace

Plastic
I have just purchased a decent machine shop and will be adding a thread rolling machine. What is your favorite thread rolling machine for a variety of materials. From Cres to Wasploy ?
Thanks for any input

There are many options depending on diameter, material, and production quantity. There are some older flat die machines around that work well and can be found cheaper than the Reed type rolls. You may also look into using a thread roll in a lathe or CNC- Fette makes many models.

The type of thread rolling machine you buy really depends on the application/type of work. The Reed 3 die machines are fairly universal as long as your thread diameters are greater than 1/4 inch. You can also roll thin wall hollow parts like tubes and drawn parts.

If you need to thread diameters less than 1/4 inch you are in flat die territory.

I just toured Tesker; they are about five miles from my house. Class act for sure and the operation was impressive for a family-owned business.

First shop I worked in did thread rolling. They had pretty much all Tesker. They had a few of them, big and small. They claimed they were the best, from what I remember...

Back