What's new
What's new

Gorton 1-22 Mastermill: Northern Virginia

Abeship

Hot Rolled
Have the tormach, and really need the space as I am trying to grow the shop so this is going to be for sale as I really don't use it to justify how large it is.

As for the Gorton, it is a solid machine. I purchased it in Blacksburg from a friend of one of the workers at the college. Very good machine, has acu-rite DRO, bijur oiler, and added 6" riser block. The powerfeed in the X used to work, but one time it just stopped. I have no idea if it is a fuse or what, but currently it is non-functional. If I get a chance I will see if I can tear it apart to locate a fuse, or maybe the shut-off box could be a part of it. Machine has about .025 backlash in X, less in Y, holds tolerances well. Also has the acu-rite DRO on X and Y, both functioning as they should. Has the quick change using ZZ collets, full set of collets included ranged from maybe 1/8-1" but will have to double check on the sizes. Can be seen under power, I will include some HSS end mills. Asking $1500

I've got some better pictures here somewhere, just have to find them but for now:

Pick up will have to be arranged on a weekend/day where the ground is dry, the mill is in a barn in a field currently and you have to drive through the yard to get to them. I think the mill may have to rent a forklift to get it out, I will split this cost with you if that sounds fair, there is a sunbelt about 30 minutes away or so.

Thanks,
Abraham

Hi Abraham. I'm sort of new to Practicalmachinist.com, and saw your ad from 2016. Did you ever sell the Gorton Mastermil 1-22? Thanks, Sound Research

Back