What's new
What's new

Gun Shop machinery for sale

vintovka

Plastic
As i said Friend was laid low with a stroke and must sell for medical reasons: This is last shot before Craigslist. This is a lot sale and items are near Bremerton WA. Cannot sell separately. You move and ASAP. Available now.

13x40 gear head lathe w/American Made baldor motor, stand chucks, some tooling and all accessories - New unused on crate
8x 30 Southbend lathe with stand and lots of tooling and accessories and many,many spare parts
RF-20 18" Bench Mill 110 near new with all accessories. May never have been run
Bridgeport Mill complete with 220 (?) motor, tooling, brand new rotary table, vises, Misc tooling
Older Metal shaper bench on stand dirty but looks intact.

All items shown are included
Other shop benches, planers, misc tools and more included. Pics are by realtor as house is for sale to get him on medicare.

No sob story but painful truth and a real deal for someone.

About 20K according to machinery dealers 4k firm

Again the 13x40 lathe and the RF20 18" bench mill are new or as new. I have exact same equipment and it is top notch

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Again the price for everything plus tooling (not shown) is $4000. Could include other shop furniture like work benches and cabinets ect. Will sell to first person who commits and provides at least $400 down in good faith. Both down and total payment need to be in form of cashiers check made out to his daughter and not me.

Call me at 916 849 5015 if interested and we can talk more but the price is firm. Phil Gainer

I clicked on the first link and got a video of a one handed violinist and a kitten in a kitchen....

This interweb stuff is weird!

Top notch eh? That $20k would have been better spent on strippers and booze.

Besides the Bridgeport, the other stuff is not really suited for this site.

What is specifically "gunsmith" about any of that? I see ads saying stuff like that and I always hope to learn something new. Is there some super secret fixtures or tooling included that will get people lining up to pay for your services?

What is specifically "gunsmith" about any of that? I see ads saying stuff like that and I always hope to learn something new. Is there some super secret fixtures or tooling included that will get people lining up to pay for your services?

-Not really. I mean, if you're a one-man, "custom gunsmith" type, and not a production shop like Kimber or something.

There was a gunsmith up here, fairly local to me, whom I got the chance to visit once. The most exotic machine he had, was an old "tap burner" he'd converted over to a sort of plunge EDM, for doing (licensed) Magnaporting.

He had one CNC, a large Bridgeport Series II with two heads, that was originally tape drive, but he'd converted to a more modern controller (I don't know what.) The only thing he used it for was making scope rings.

Everything else was quite conventional. A large Craftsman lathe, another that was some flavor of import, a small Lagun mill, a Cincinnati #2 horizontal, a row of drill presses that ranged from an old Atlas up to a basic Sears, and a few other relatively mundane machines.

But holy crap, could that guy build guns. I had a chance to fondle a rifle in .416 Ruger, that had what was probably the best-fitted and slickest action I've ever tried on a bolt gun. Wasn't frilly-fancy, it was an Alaskan workin' gun. Stainless steel, laminated stock, nylon sling, etc.

But I'd put that action up against any old English or German bolt gun costing ten times as much.

There were no secret tricks or fancy fixtures. The horizontal was used with a cheap import indexer to make octagonal barrels. The only "trick" to that was the row of machinists' jacks on the underside to support the long barrel. The CNC made scope rings simply because that was a retail product. The row of cheap drill presses was simply so he didn't have to change bits as often- one had a countersinking bit, another a counterbore for brass escutcheons, etc.

It was all in the skill of the gunsmith himself. He was the kind of guy that could have made a world-class rifle with a file and a cold chisel.

Doc.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Phil, hopefully he makes a good recovery.

That package is a hell of a deal, especially in that part of the country. If I were still in the area I'd buy it, sell the RF mill and whichever lathe I liked the least and I'd end up with a BP and nice sized lathe for a couple of grand at most. Sadly I'm way too far down south with too little room. Good luck on the sale, I can't see this lasting long on CL or FB marketplace.

As i said Friend was laid low with a stroke and must sell for medical reasons: This is last shot before Craigslist. This is a lot sale and items are near Bremerton WA. Cannot sell separately. You move and ASAP. Available now.

13x40 gear head lathe w/American Made baldor motor, stand chucks, some tooling and all accessories - New unused on crate
8x 30 Southbend lathe with stand and lots of tooling and accessories and many,many spare parts
RF-20 18" Bench Mill 110 near new with all accessories. May never have been run
Bridgeport Mill complete with 220 (?) motor, tooling, brand new rotary table, vises, Misc tooling
Older Metal shaper bench on stand dirty but looks intact.

All items shown are included
Other shop benches, planers, misc tools and more included. Pics are by realtor as house is for sale to get him on medicare.

No sob story but painful truth and a real deal for someone.

About 20K according to machinery dealers 4k firm

Again the 13x40 lathe and the RF20 18" bench mill are new or as new. I have exact same equipment and it is top notch

Again the price for everything plus tooling (not shown) is $4000. Could include other shop furniture like work benches and cabinets ect. Will sell to first person who commits and provides at least $400 down in good faith. Both down and total payment need to be in form of cashiers check made out to his daughter and not me.

Call me at 916 849 5015 if interested and we can talk more but the price is firm. Phil Gainer

Not Forrest Addy..???

Has anyone heard from him lately? Is he okay?

Pics are working strange for me but I went over my data cap and have been throttled down to 600Kbps speed or less. Alot of websites these days require about double that speed to function well. If there isn't I would suggest putting up a picture that has a good overview showing rigging access. It makes a big difference if moving the items will be easy.

All that stuff is small enough 2 guys with a pallet jack, some cribbing, a come along, and a railroad bar (big ass pry bar) should have no trouble loading that stuff on a rented drop deck trailer. It would probably be 2 trips worth. A 2 ton engine hoist and a porta-power might be handy but may sit on the truck unused.

Pics are working strange for me but I went over my data cap and have been throttled down to 600Kbps speed or less. Alot of websites these days require about double that speed to function well. If there isn't I would suggest putting up a picture that has a good overview showing rigging access. It makes a big difference if moving the items will be easy.

Rigging?

Those things are toys. That 13x40 lathe looks like it could fit in the trunk of a Kia.

The Bridgeport is an early short table one that nobody wants.

@chipsplitter Forrest is still kicking and posts occasionally on our local metalheads group.
While he might not be quite as disdainful of this smaller kind of gear as some folks, he probably wouldn't own it either.
Last time he posted it was about having three shapers including a 20" and 93" shaper/planer. :)

Last edited:
I have seen people wanting only small table bridgeports due to space restrictions and/or only doing small parts. I thought it kind of silly but then I dont have that much of a space restriction or do only small parts....
My "new" rambaudi is bigger than the bridgeport. I never used the swivel on the bridgie, but of course now that it is going I will need it as soon as it is gone, the rambaudi does not swivel on the base, just nod and tilt.

Everything is now sold. Both his daughters and I thank everyone for their interest. His final days may be easier knowing its gone to good hands.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Phil, hopefully he makes a good recovery.

That package is a hell of a deal, especially in that part of the country. If I were still in the area I'd buy it, sell the RF mill and whichever lathe I liked the least and I'd end up with a BP and nice sized lathe for a couple of grand at most. Sadly I'm way too far down south with too little room. Good luck on the sale, I can't see this lasting long on CL or FB marketplace.

Lots and lots of machinery auctions in Michigan, with a lot of good deals to be had.

Back