What's new
What's new

Hardinge HC Chucker in SW Pennsylvania

vegard

Aluminum
Hi,
I have a Hardinge HC for sale. I am in a hurry to sell. Comes with chuck and tool holders. In great shape overall, but the speed control knobs are not working. (pushing the contactors in the cabinet does work to change the speed, so all the mechanics are OK)
IT has the auto threading attachment, but no thread followers.
I am in a hurry to sell and open to offers.
I also have it on craigslist at $950.
Hardinge Metal lathe - tools - by owner - sale

My email is in my profile or you can contact me through craigslist.

Thank you
Vegard

IMG_4819.jpgIMG_0182.JPGIMG_0180.jpgIMG_4829.jpgIMG_4828.jpg

In great shape overall, but the speed control knobs are not working. (pushing the contactors in the cabinet does work to change the speed, so all the mechanics are OK)

That issue is not hard to deal with. Happens to me on occasion. It's because of the black plastic rod with cams inside the electrical cabinet. Some of the switches underneath the cams are not making contact. Not hard to fix. Notice what happens to the plunger pieces that hold the points for each switch, the arcing eventually turns the plungers into crispy critters. The plunger becomes charred and brittle and the hole becomes a sloppy fit with the pin that holds the points.

The rounded ends stick up out of the switch housings and contact the cams.The new pieces on the left were filed down to have the same profile and hole. I made a few spares for future swearing events.

DSC_0681.jpg

I have not seen such a good deal for a Hardinge chucker.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Ron. The lathe is now sold, pending pickup.
Wish I could have kept the machine, but it had to go.

Its a gem of a machine and it went for $500.... I think to a good home though.

- Vegard

Even the original asking price was a deal. I paid $700 for the threading attachment for my HC.

DualValve

Thanks for the advice Ron. The lathe is now sold, pending pickup.
Wish I could have kept the machine, but it had to go.

Its a gem of a machine and it went for $500.... I think to a good home though.

- Vegard

If by chance the deal falls through I would be interested.
Thanks, Hodge

Back