What's new
What's new

FS- Myford MG-12 HPM cylindrical grinder.. with motherlode of accessories and tooling

Yes But its a obsolete machine (most if not all manual machines are obsolete I think ) At least for production
In the past everything hard had to pass a grinder Not anymore with hard turning
Only for high precision or real hard work you need a grinder But then you want a good one And a CNC
I do not know the US market but here in the EU this would bring less then half
Ask Martin Peitz He has a couple of them
Accessories are nice to have but in many cases it is just change In this case it ads some value probably
Still a nice machine though and I sure hope Milacron can sell it for that amount

Peter

" Yes But its a obsolete machine".

No sir,
For low volume work this machine (with a proper grinder person) will outperform any CNC cylindrical grinder and hold same tolerances.

I have a CNC Studer and Toyoda so I am speaking from experience.

" Yes But its a obsolete machine".

No sir,
For low volume work this machine (with a proper grinder person) will outperform any CNC cylindrical grinder and hold same tolerances.

I have a CNC Studer and Toyoda so I am speaking from experience.

Buy the machine then if it outperforms your CNC Studer Or buy a conventional Studer.

Proper person is the problem sure Certainly over here OD-ID grinders always were scarse Plenty of surface/profiel grinders though
And no new apprentices for this kind of jobs So even if the machine is not obsolete the workforce for it is

Peter

Back