What's new
What's new

Help... Inherited a shop full of equipment

dnjsdad

Plastic
Inherited a shop full of Machinist equipment. Located in Shelton, Wa. Can anyone help me with reasonable values on these items? I want to sell them all. Di-acro 14-48-1 hydraulic brake press with extra dies, sand blast cabinet, gainy crane and a deburring machine. Along with tons of metal working hand tools and thousands of pounds of steel.

Thank You in advance, Jason.

Try do get as much info as you can off the equipment, model numbers etc. type this into a search here or on line and you might start to get some general values.
Pics and questions will help ALOT here.
Any equipment that has tooling and/or loose accessories will increase in value, IF you know what they are and keep them with the machine. Dont sell the accessories separate from the machine, sometimes those are what makes the sale. Also be sure to protect them from storage damage, spray some oil, cover with a cloth sheet to keep off dust, (not plastic as condensation will collect on the underside and rust the machine)

Inherited a shop full of Machinist equipment. Located in Shelton, Wa. Can anyone help me with reasonable values on these items? .

as much as it will depend on the specifics of whats there, condition and accessories...it'll depend on how much effort and time you want to put into it. Putting effort into matching all the bits and piece, learning what each one is and its value, doing quality photographs and listing every machine separately will be one price....the other end of the scale is come take away, all of it, by next weekend. The numbers will be several magnitudes of difference. Either is a valid approach, just depends how you want to spend your days.

Most likely your "steel" will sell for scrap value, unless you can ID it somehow (reliably!) You can easily identify aluminum from "steel", but still without a grade it will be relegated to people using it for fixtures or whatnot...

I'd suggest looking for a couple interesting small hand tools and keeping them. Even if you don't have the "nostalgia" factor for whoever's tools they were, you might have a relative or child that wonders what the original owner did, and who they were. Having a tangible reminder of the person can be rewarding sometimes.

I have a few of the old tools from my medical widget building great gramps, and am very glad to have them...

there is a PNW group of metalworkers who have an email conversation group- among our members we would probably buy this stuff if its in good shape and reasonably priced. Grant (metalmagpie) or I could connect you if you want.

His ad is on craigslist. Looks like an ancient non-electronic Diacro and a whole slew of low value scrap.

The Diacro with tooling is worth a couple grand, but if a guy has to take the rest of the stuff I think the price would go way down.

Back