What's new
What's new

I'm almost giving away a Studer cylindrical grinder

I don’t really need one, but when you posted earlier I thought damn... nice.

Free bump. Also how would freight work on a grinder like this? Remove the table and strap it to a pallet with the other tooling? Then full crate around the main body?

I would guess the weight to be at least 2000, maybe 2500 pounds.
I would leave the table on. It's not roller ways.
It's on a heavy duty pallet and can be loaded with a forklift that will cost an extra $200 for me to rent.
But hey, what do you want for 99 cents ?

I would absolutely cherish having that in my shop. I could use it, not everyday, but OFTEN.

4400mi - round trip 244 gal fuel @ $3/gal = $733
64 hrs of drive time
Oil Change - $120
Towmotor to load - $200
Blown tire cause 80 sucks - $250
Meals and hotels for 4 nights and 5 days $550

Angry wife because she has to deal with the kids for 5 days while I gallivant across country to buy a toy...

Suppose I do have a customer in Washington... could claim a dual purpose trip...

Rusty - what are the dimensions of the floor space it takes up (the footprint if you will?) [Likely a key reason you want it gone, no?]

Being in WA rather than OH and not having 5 kids, I can think about this a little more... :)

I would absolutely cherish having that in my shop. I could use it, not everyday, but OFTEN.

64 hrs of drive time
Oil Change - $120
Towmotor to load - $200

Angry wife because she has to deal with the kids for 5 days while I gallivant across country to buy a toy...

Suppose I do have a customer in Washington... could claim a dual purpose trip...
I totally realize the time and expense to come pick this up, that's why I started the auction at 99 cents.
I thought about including free shipping but I'm not totally crazy, yet.

Rusty - what are the dimensions of the floor space it takes up (the footprint if you will?) [Likely a key reason you want it gone, no?]

Being in WA rather than OH and not having 5 kids, I can think about this a little more... :)

It's 5'3" wide, 4' deep and 6'3" tall sitting on a nice heavy duty pallet.
I could use the floor space but in reality I'm just a guy who likes all kinds of interesting machine tools.
My shop isn't real big and it's gotten to the point that when one comes in, one has to go out.
And I just picked up a Studer OB which I'm working on now. It's way smaller than the type 1.

If instead of paying cash on pick up I might be interested in a trade for something of equal value to the winning bid. Since your coming out with a truck and trailer anyway you could haul the exchange piece here.
In my dream world I'm looking for a Hardinge DSM59 or HC chucker.

64 hrs of drive time
Oil Change - $120
Towmotor to load - $200

The machine is in awful pretty country. Take a few more days and spend some time, not a forced march. If I wasn't booked solid for the next couple of months I'd consider it myself.

TDegenhart - I am not married, nor do I have kids at home (grandkids in Boston) - I was riffing on Fal Grunt, being silly, and observing that I can think about it some more than others (no wife to be upset.)

BUT - I have to figure out if it will fit in my shop - which is kind of large, but Full of Stuff. And sadly it's mostly really Good Stuff, so making space can be hard.

64 hrs of drive time
Oil Change - $120
Towmotor to load - $200

Another approach, as time is money...

2200mi - round trip 122 gal fuel @ $3/gal = $367ish
32 hrs of drive time
U-haul truck rental one-way -- $600?
Oil Change -- nope
Towmotor to load - $200
Blown tire cause 80 sucks - nope
Meals and hotels for 2 nights and 2 days $275

One-way stand-by air fare -- $200?

Appreciative wife because she has to deal with the kids for 2.5 days while I gallivant across country to buy a toy... $Priceless.

Still makes 'real shipping' look like a deal.

Another approach, as time is money...

2200mi - round trip 122 gal fuel @ $3/gal = $367ish
32 hrs of drive time
U-haul truck rental one-way -- $600?
Oil Change -- nope
Towmotor to load - $200
Blown tire cause 80 sucks - nope
Meals and hotels for 2 nights and 2 days $275

One-way stand-by air fare -- $200?

Appreciative wife because she has to deal with the kids for 2.5 days while I gallivant across country to buy a toy... $Priceless.

Still makes 'real shipping' look like a deal.

Yea. . . Anymore buying a one way ticket and renting a box truck just brings up meetings with authorities I would rather not have.

I considered shipping, but every time I have gotten an LTL quote, regardless of distance, weight, value, the quotes are always $1500-$2000.Moscow Idaho, may be worse, since it is out of the way? Doesn’t hurt to ask I suppose.

Back