Induma "Supermill" universal horizontal mill PROJECT for sale
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2009
    Likes (Received)
    1104

    Default Induma "Supermill" universal horizontal mill PROJECT for sale

    I'm going to get some more recent pictures as the mill is cleaner and more in one piece than pictured.
    induma-supermill.jpg
    dsc01633.jpg
    I was never able to find much info, or even a manual, for this one. It's a Universal (swiveling table) horizontal with a 7 HP 50 taper spindle and all the XYZ feeds and rapids mills like these typically have. Made by Induma in Italy, who are still around but no apparent representation in the USA anymore.

    We got it in our shop merger back in 2006 and I'd put a bit of work into bring it back to life, but I've decided to let it go. I've cleaned most all of the dried cutting oil out of it, flushed the lubrication reservoirs and cleaned out oil lines, sorted out the electrical (started as a bad hack job), and did some other minor repairs.

    Now the reason it's a PROJECT. The biggest issue is that the power feeds don't work in some speeds/directions, and work intermittently in others. IMO there are some damaged gears inside the knee that will need to be repaired or replaced. I never got deep enough into it to confirm where the issue(s) are. The feed is controlled by it's own reversing motor which works, but the contactors don't always latch so you'll need to replace those as well. The cover panel for the electrical box is missing and you'll need to fab a new one.

    SO, those issues aside, the spindle runs fairly quietly in all speeds, but I never had a chance to test it for run-out. All the axis work manually (just no power feed). It has an integrated coolant pump that works fine. It includes 1 arbor support and the ram braces, and a swiveling vertical head with parking attachment (50 taper, no quill) that drives off of the spindle keys (no missing drive gear). No vise or arbors.

    $300 OBO. The mill is currently sitting in a warehouse in Yoakum, TX, but will likely be moved here to Conroe, TX in the coming months.

    If no one takes the whole machine, I'll hang onto the attachments in case someone needs them and scrap the machine. I'll see about getting dimensions off of the attachments too in case they'll fit other machines. Damages aside, It's a heavy well built horizontal, so hopefully someone would like the challenge of fixing it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2009
    Likes (Received)
    1104

    Default

    As it currently sits (not as clean as I remember, but this is it's "as-is" state).

    20180908_021513.jpg
    20180908_021525.jpg
    20180908_021612.jpg
    20180908_021539.jpg
    20180908_021619.jpg

    Note the work lamp and stack lamp I added while updating the electrical. The feed limits work by interrupting the feed motor, so I added the stack lamp so you could keep tabs on whether the mill was still cutting from across the shop.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2009
    Likes (Received)
    1104

    Default

    20180908_021602.jpg
    Serial number 1124767
    20180908_021551.jpg

    These are the only tags on the machine. The top one indicates that the machine was built to "Stanimuc" standards, which seems to be some kind of European industrial standard. The bottom tag indicates which oils to use and also is the only place the "Induma" name and logo still appear.

    I've seen Induma horizontals that were similar to this one but different enough to be newer/older generations, and never one just like it. On the others, the cast cover below the tags had the "Induma" name and origin info cast into them, but this one looks like they were ground off, perhaps by the dealer in the previous photos (I've seen dealers do things like that trying to protect their sources).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    73

    Default

    any idea how heavy the machine is?
    wondering the cost to ship to las vegas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2009
    Likes (Received)
    1104

    Default

    Induma Horizontal Supermill wireing mess

    This was my previous thread on getting the electrical straightened out. I hadn't updated it that once the feeds were running, I found that they had mechanical issues. Also after running for a little while the old contactors started to lose continuity, but now that they're on DIN rail, replacing them should be simple.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2009
    Likes (Received)
    1104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lectrician1 View Post
    any idea how heavy the machine is?
    wondering the cost to ship to las vegas
    I'm guessing around 5000lbs. I can move it with a 5500lb. pallet jack, but it's scary. It would need to go flat-bed, but I can get it on an appropriate skid and wrapped if needed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    73

    Default

    ill send you a pm with my cell number. I have a few questions

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2009
    Likes (Received)
    1104

    Default

    I picked up the mill this weekend and brought it too our main shop in Conroe. Before bringing it out of the building I hooked it back up and tried to get it running.

    The contactors actually seems to be working, but I think the feed motor is physically held back by the gear train which is keeping it from coming on and blowing the thermal overload. A couple times I was able to get it running and the rapid is dead, vertical and cross travel won't go, and the table feeds but is jolty at times like there's a bad gear or something. These issues were all compounded when it took a spill while loading and one end of the table was damaged. If this was the only problem, I'd say i got off lucky as one hand-wheel will need to be welded and the lead-screw end might be bent (nothing else broke), but everything together is making me call the curtain on this one.

    So this afternoon I pulled off all the salvageable items, like the new parts I had put in and any generic components that might be useful elsewhere.

    I'm saving the vertical attachment, parking arm, arbor support, ram, and ram support brackets. I'll post picks and dimensions in a new thread in case the'll fit someone else's Horizontal.

    Sad to see it go, but I think this one had had it with the rough American manufacturing it saw. It's time to go into the melting pot....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Any parts left?

    I have a working induma supermill not far from you. You have anymore parts leftover? I may be interested.

    Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
    I picked up the mill this weekend and brought it too our main shop in Conroe. Before bringing it out of the building I hooked it back up and tried to get it running.

    The contactors actually seems to be working, but I think the feed motor is physically held back by the gear train which is keeping it from coming on and blowing the thermal overload. A couple times I was able to get it running and the rapid is dead, vertical and cross travel won't go, and the table feeds but is jolty at times like there's a bad gear or something. These issues were all compounded when it took a spill while loading and one end of the table was damaged. If this was the only problem, I'd say i got off lucky as one hand-wheel will need to be welded and the lead-screw end might be bent (nothing else broke), but everything together is making me call the curtain on this one.

    So this afternoon I pulled off all the salvageable items, like the new parts I had put in and any generic components that might be useful elsewhere.

    I'm saving the vertical attachment, parking arm, arbor support, ram, and ram support brackets. I'll post picks and dimensions in a new thread in case the'll fit someone else's Horizontal.

    Sad to see it go, but I think this one had had it with the rough American manufacturing it saw. It's time to go into the melting pot....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    2,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2009
    Likes (Received)
    1104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankljs View Post
    I have a working induma supermill not far from you. You have anymore parts leftover? I may be interested.
    Sorry, the mill itself went to the scrap yard, BUT I do still have these pieces:

    For Sale - Horizontal Mill Attachments


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •