What's new
What's new

Interesting new listings on eBay that look very suspicious

L Vanice

Diamond
Niles HUGE HEAVY DUTY LATHE 38 * 312 | eBay Opening at $3000 with free shipping.

An established English fastener supply house has just had over 10,000 items with $3000 opening bid and free shipping, located in a New Orleans, LA pawn shop, added to their screws and nuts. Searching on lathe gets 95 items from the Niles to Hardinge HLV-H, Schaublin 70 and a bunch of CNC machines.

That smell is fish and I don't mean blackened redfish.

Larry

I've been seeing a lot of that this year. Machines and other equipment that I know have sold, pop right back up from a seller with Zero feedback.

Years ago I got hacked on Ebay.
I had just sold a 12k item and a email arrived from a concerned ebay member with a heads up that someone was listing my item with a link..

Well you know how this goes- I clicked the link and in a blink of an eye my box was filled with notices that I had sent offers out to everyone who had bid on the item announcing a 'second chance' as the winning bid had backed out and where to send payment if they wanted item.

I contacted eBay- dead silence so I took the time to contact everyone who had gotten the notice and told them it was a scam and then dumped my eBay account and started over again with a new one.

FB marketplace if filled with double listings- the original one and someone using the photos as a scam usually at half the asking or less.
Craigslist probably the same but I don't really use that platform anymore so can't say.

Back