What's new
What's new

Ironworkers For Sale

ShaneHarman

Plastic
I specialize in Ironworkers. I currently have a Geka Minicrop 50 Ton, Microcrop 40 Ton, and Scotchman 65 Ton available. I always have machines in the pipeline , currently Piranha’s P2-88 , P70, and 2 P3 (50 Ton). 2 Scotchman 120 Ton, as well as a few others.

Email [email protected] with any questions.

Last edited:
I apologize. As I understood it, new members have a little leeway but must participate in other threads or get the boot? Is this correct or shall I show myself the door? :sulk: Thank You

I apologize. As I understood it, new members have a little leeway but must participate in other threads or get the boot? Is this correct or shall I show myself the door? :sulk: Thank You

Suggestion:
Go to the fabrication section and start a new thread.
Offer to help answer any & all questions in what you have expertise....ironworkers.

Which punch's last the longest, which ironworkers are better, how they hold up, etc.

What is coming down the pipeline as far as "new & improved", insider info
from manufs.

Not a problem. I get it. The rules are very clear on not posting junk equipment or spamming. Maybe you should just go ahead and say new users can’t post ads? Thanks

Almost nobody will buy from a first post spammer just here to sell. I you want any hope of selling your machines respond to your other thread.
I don’t know what I was thinking posting my machines in a “machinery for sale or wanted thread” . God forbid someone finds a machine they need and proceed to make money with it? I’m a small business owner who takes pride in my work, as I’m sure you do. No need to be condescending.

Not a problem. I get it. The rules are very clear on not posting junk equipment or spamming. Maybe you should just go ahead and say new users can’t post ads? Thanks

This is not an "official answer". Post #1, BTW actually WAS.

But here's how I see it:

"People no one yet knows anything about" are unwise to begin with an attempt to sell."

You may not be a "spammer". But no one knows that yet.

And where do you think those who ARE spammers make their first appearance?

Got it in one, yah?

So it is condemnation by association.

Now.. yah need to move some still useful whatevermacalits out of your space, and they might be really handy for some other smallholder to have and.. there isn't TIME to go and meet folks and let them get at least some idea who you are?

Not a new or unique situation. Naturally, PM actually has a solution for that. The "formal" advertising section. Which is FOR ta da.."advertising". Go figure.

So if there is a "formal" advertising section, wot are These two, then? Well.. take note that "players" in it are expected to be known participants?

My view this one is sorta like the place where "relatives" at a family reunion trade outgrown kid's clothing and toys, lawnmowers, bass boats, milking machines, dead steam combines, recapped tires, bustid shotguns, moonshine stills, spare milling machines, drillpresses, and lathes.

Yah, "some" money is usually involved. Sack of chikn' feed isn't the best trading material if the other guy raises dogs.

But then again, it isn't really MUCH money. Usually just enough to "balance" costs of inconvenience and go toward the NEXT transaction where one is acquiring instead of shedding. Nobody is ever going to gain enough money out of PM-community transactions to make a living at it as some seem to do on eBay. Mostly, it is a convenience for "family" use.

Sort of like a stash of at-large umbrellas kept near the front door. Some go out. Others come it. They all get wet. The people not so much.

Just my personal take on it. And I have been a long-term buyer. A rather higher percentage of the dollar-value of my equipment and tooling has come from here than from any other single source, ebay included.

And a happy one.

I'm good with this place being under a watchful eye. Even a critical one. "More perfect" we might have to PAY for. And we haven't been, AFAIK. Moderation has always been volunteer work.

Or maybe just slavery. Dogpatch is kinda traditionalist about stuff sometimes.

"MORE RISK", I can get somewhere else.

"MORE FAIR", you can get somewhere else.

Stick around, become known, OTOH?

You might soon feel the same way yer own self.

If not? You don't need any sort of "hall pass" from PM WHATSOEVER to just go pound sand.

Instead of having a philosophy debate, it should simply be stated new users connot post for sale ads. It would have saved you a few thousand words.

In your other thread I tried to help you get interest in your machines by asking that you post what you do to rebuild them. People who can see the progress of restoring an old machine to like new are WAY more likely to want to buy it if they need or want it.
If all you are doing is spraying some fresh paint and new stickers I can understand why your reluctance to go into detail.
The rules CLEARLY say and have for a long time that forum participation is needed to sell items. People who have stopped participating but keep posting adds have been scolded also.

"Instead of having a philosophy debate, it should simply be stated new users connot post for sale ads. It would have saved you a few thousand words"

you were given the short answer.

You were given a fair amount of leeway and guidance to fix your introduction on this forum
Many a post has disappeared without trace for similar reasons
The sandbox has rules

I took digger dougs advice and I would actually love for this post to disappear.

Last edited:
I took digger dougs advice and I would actually love for this post to disappear. But each time another bossy pants bumps the thread we get to go round again.

"Bossy pants?"

Don't look at ME! I'm accused of posting naked so I can masturbate onto the screen. It isn't true.

I just post off the toilet seat. Old age and bad health thing.

You can't make it go away.

Just turn it into a circus and go for a few grins.

There ain't shit on the OTHER TV most days anyway.

Well there's a VERY interesting thread on .. never mind. Bossy Pants has already posted a link to it.

Go figure... sumbich will be preaching a fairness doctrine or some such radical politics next. Warren Hull is Judge Roy Bean when U. Needham?

Say... you wouldn't happen to know where a body could BUY an Ironworker, wuddja?

:D

I feel like I’m getting to know you a little better. How about the senile port-a-potty poet?

Well now I did say "circus" didn't I? But there's three bathrooms on this floor, more downstairs. No need of portables.

:)

And "senile"? Many might wish it so. But THERE's the G-Damned "family curse" of 400-odd years and counting. Right about that time, dawn of the 1600's, G'Dad ^nth Francis I was settin' to read the Law at Cambridge, age 13. Did OK with that. Had to PAY the Crown to sit Colonel to a Regiment of England's best heavy Cavalry, that era. Francis II did not have to. He was started-out as Cromwell's drill-master of horse, architected the cavalry wing "New Model Army". Then put it to work. Crown eventually paid him, in a manner of speaking. Charles I didn't need a full-length coffin. They did eventually "collect" after all. Thirteen years too late for Charles, though!

"Senile" is the blessing denied our tribe. Memory can be too DAMNED good to give a body any peace.[1]

:(

More soldiers, lawsters, magistrates, sheriffs, artists, engravers, painters, writers of prose than poets. Kid brother was published. Spenserian Sonnets, though. Kinda wear on you, those can.

[1] G'mum in her mid 90's, aunt in her late '70's disputing recollection of an event, turn to Dad in his early 70's to resolve it. "Can't help you. That was 1906. I wasn't born until 1910!"

Well now I did say "circus" didn't I? But there's three bathrooms on this floor, more downstairs. No need of portables.

And "senile"? Many might wish it so. But THERE's the G-Damned "family curse" of 400-odd years and counting. Right about that time, dawn of the 1600's, G'Dad ^nth Francis I was settin' to read the Law at Cambridge, age 13. Did OK with that. Had to PAY the Crown to sit Colonel to a Regiment of England's best heavy Cavalry, that era. Francis II did not have to. He was started-out as Cromwell's drill-master of horse, architected the cavalry wing "New Model Army". Then put it to work. Crown eventually paid him, in a manner of speaking. Charles I didn't need a full-length coffin. They did eventually "collect" after all. Thirteen years too late for Charles, though!

"Senile" is the blessing denied our tribe. Memory can be too DAMNED good to give a body any peace.[1]

:(

More soldiers, lawsters, magistrates, sheriffs, artists, engravers, painters, writers of prose than poets. Kid brother was published. Spenserian Sonnets, though. Kinda wear on you, those can.

[1] G'mum in her mid 90's, aunt in her late '70's disputing recollection of an event, turn to Dad in his early 70's to resolve it. "Can't help you. That was 1906. I wasn't born until 1910!"

Hey now, let's not go confusing senility, when it's clearly just good old fashioned, garden variety insanity we're dealing with here! What in the ever lovin' fuck are you on about?

I mean, I've got absolutely no idea what you're saying, but I sure like the sound of it! Carry on please. :P

Hey now, let's not go confusing senility, when it's clearly just good old fashioned, garden variety insanity we're dealing with here! What in the ever lovin' fuck are you on about?

I mean, I've got absolutely no idea what you're saying, but I sure like the sound of it! Carry on please. :P

LOL! It isn't actually a "test". I just ring the bell-curve now and again. Not just at dinnertime for Pavlov's bow-wows, either.

Back