What's new
What's new

K&T 2H Universal and 2CH, Central PA

drom68

Cast Iron
Model 2H
Runs, all gears seems to fine and rapids were working 8 months ago.
No extra parts or equip, what you see is what you get.
$200 OBO

Model 2CH
I haven't tried running this machine. It was used in a shop that was closed down and made one part for many years. No extra parts or equipment. What you see is what you get.
$200 OBO

Can load with forklift on flatbed trailer.

If they don't sell, I may part them out.

2H Universal
IMG_4965.jpgIMG_4964.jpgIMG_4966.jpgIMG_4969.jpgIMG_4968.jpg

Oh, wow. Wish we had the new shop already. I've been kicking myself STILL for selling a fairly complete 2H Uni to a board member a decade back. Damn.

ZK,
If you want it let me know. I can hold it... as long as it's not going to be 10 years before the new shop is ready. :D

Oh, wow. Wish we had the new shop already. I've been kicking myself STILL for selling a fairly complete 2H Uni to a board member a decade back. Damn.

C'mon.. these are priced same as "free money". Make more sense if you have to haul PA to WI to buy the BOTH of them.

Before... I go and see if the K&T universal head... and K&T slotter... adapted to my Quartet but not altered by that .. are a fit ....

A Quartet - with a Reeves-style drive using a belt so thick and wide as to resemble a tread for a trackhoe .. plus two R/A gearboxes and a whole tribe of Gilmer & Vee belts.. is the exact opposite of "quiet".

C'mon.. these are priced same as "free money". Make more sense if you have to haul PA to WI to buy the BOTH of them.

Before... I go and see if the K&T universal head... and K&T slotter... adapted to my Quartet but not altered by that .. are a fit ....

A Quartet - with a Reeves-style drive using a belt so thick and wide as to resemble a tread for a trackhoe .. plus two R/A gearboxes and a whole tribe of Gilmer & Vee belts.. is the exact opposite of "quiet".

Thermite, these would look great at your place.

ZK,
If you want it let me know. I can hold it... as long as it's not going to be 10 years before the new shop is ready. :D

I'd love to, but honestly do not know when the move is, so am reticent to say. I'd say that if you have someone willing to save it, I will not be offended. But if you still have it after we move you will get a call. :) Sound good?

I'd love to, but honestly do not know when the move is, so am reticent to say. I'd say that if you have someone willing to save it, I will not be offended. But if you still have it after we move you will get a call. :) Sound good?

At this rate, it may still be around for you....

...."If they don't sell, I may part them out"....
I did it once. If you have the time it is at least an interesting project but quite time consuming to do a complete tear down.

Amazing - it never occurred to me that the 2CH had two different tables - one like above and one like mine with a sheet metal "apron" attached to the front edge to go along with the "hydraulic" knee. :D

Thumbnail shows "rebate" in front edge of table (sheet metal removed) for the sheet metal (and related tapped holes) and quite different looking "hydraulic" knee/saddle

Attachments

• DCP_1227.jpg
    DCP_1227.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 219
Your killing me...

I promised myself I wouldn't get any more projects...

just where are you in VA? zip?

Well I'm about to make it worse for you.

I am located in Central PA, near State College/Penn State (16822). Get on I-80 and head east for 3hrs and 47 minutes according to google maps.

I have a forklift and can load both of them for you with no issue.

He's killing me too. I don't have the room or need for a horizontal mill, but he's less than an hour away from me here in Altoona. If I had a bigger shop, I'd be right there.

He's killing me too. I don't have the room or need for a horizontal mill, but he's less than an hour away from me here in Altoona. If I had a bigger shop, I'd be right there.

Yep, right up the road. I go to Altoona on occasion. The need for a horizontal is there, you just have to use it and see the versatility. I use one more than I realized. Great for certain jobs and will hog metal like crazy.

Well I'm about to make it worse for you.

I am located in Central PA, near State College/Penn State (16822). Get on I-80 and head east for 3hrs and 47 minutes according to google maps.

I have a forklift and can load both of them for you with no issue.

Ugghhhh

Are they 40 taper or 50 taper machines? Will dig out my literature this afternoon and take a look.

Ugghhhh

Are they 40 taper or 50 taper machines? Will dig out my literature this afternoon and take a look.

Both are 50 taper machines. The 2H is typically 40, but this one has the (craigslist selling point) ultra rare 50 taper!!!

Back