K&T 2H Universal and 2CH, Central PA - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by drom68 View Post
    Both are 50 taper machines. The 2H is typically 40, but this one has the (craigslist selling point) ultra rare 50 taper!!!
    Actually the 2HL was 40 taper and the earliest 2H were apparently 40 also. Another early 2H feature was the lack of the overarm pinion to push the rams in and out. However by July 1940 the specification sheet shows the 50 taper as standard on the 2H however I would assume you could special order one 40 at least after the war rush. K&T did have a 40/50 taper adapter they would gladly sell you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PARTS MACHINES!!! Who needs parts?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you do part them out, I could use the PTO cover on the right side of the table of the 2H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
    If you do part them out, I could use the PTO cover on the right side of the table of the 2H.
    Seems I don't have a choice. I'll grab a pic and follow up on your pm.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
    You good with this.

pto-cover.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For parts and to make it easy:
    - The more you buy the better price
    - You pay shipping. If I can put it in a flat rate box, I'll make it happen.
    - Give me some time as I do have other work to do, especially if the part is buried in the machine and I have to disassemble
    - Make a REASONABLE offer. I know some places charge a lot for a small part. I'm not interested in that. But consider the time and effort needed to get the particular part.
    - Payment: Zelle or send a check. I don't do paypal.
    - Post your request on this thread and I'll get back with you thru private message to confirm. This will prevent my PM box from becoming filled.
    - I'll grab a pic and post prior to shipping to make sure you are ok with that part.

What is available: basically the whole machine minus any attachments or arbor supports.

There is a parking attachment specific to a 2H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For parts and to make it easy:
    - The more you buy the better price
    - You pay shipping. If I can put it in a flat rate box, I'll make it happen.
    - Give me some time as I do have other work to do, especially if the part is buried in the machine and I have to disassemble
    - Make a REASONABLE offer. I know some places charge a lot for a small part. I'm not interested in that. But consider the time and effort needed to get the particular part.
    - Payment: Zelle or send a check. I don't do paypal.
    - Post your request on this thread and I'll get back with you thru private message to confirm. This will prevent my PM box from becoming filled.
    - I'll grab a pic and post prior to shipping to make sure you are ok with that part.

What is available: basically the whole machine minus any attachments or arbor supports.

There is a parking attachment specific to a 2H.

I might be interested in a parking attachment if it would fit my 2CH. Anyone know?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff76 View Post
    I might be interested in a parking attachment if it would fit my 2CH. Anyone know?
    It will not or I would keep it for the 2CH I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Mike View Post
    Actually the 2HL was 40 taper and the earliest 2H were apparently 40 also. Another early 2H feature was the lack of the overarm pinion to push the rams in and out. However by July 1940 the specification sheet shows the 50 taper as standard on the 2H however I would assume you could special order one 40 at least after the war rush. K&T did have a 40/50 taper adapter they would gladly sell you.
    2H Overarm handwheel starts with Lot #2306...#40 spindle #2048 - 3274...#50 spindle Lot #2086 - 4207.... Cheers; Ramsay 1

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You good with this.

pto-cover.jpg
    That's what I'm looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The same cover was missing on my 2h when I got it.. I don't know why anyone would remove it other than to put a lead attachment or rotab drive on the machine but mine was missing.. Cheers; Ramsay 1:}

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ramsay1 View Post
    The same cover was missing on my 2h when I got it.. I don't know why anyone would remove it other than to put a lead attachment or rotab drive on the machine but mine was missing.. Cheers; Ramsay 1:}
    I was more interested in the attachments the 2H came with. In some ways I want to keep it as it is a universal and the 2CH I have is not. I don't have the space...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was more interested in the attachments the 2H came with. In some ways I want to keep it as it is a universal and the 2CH I have is not. I don't have the space...
    If you contact Giddings and Lewis with the serial number, they may be able to tell you everything that was sold with the machine originally along with who bought it and who owned it down the line... They were very helpful with this information on my 1943 2hl universal....Cheers; Ramsay 1