What's new
What's new

K&t horizontal #50 taper milling machine tight machine

It would probably benefit you to add some more photos, other side of machine, close up of ways, etc and list any tooling that comes with the machine, the model and serial #. There are many learned people here who love old KTs and with out the details it's just another old KT worth something over scrap value by weight.

Tim

I had more info and pictures, but it would not let me post, said I had too many tags?? whatever that is?? couldnt list until I just about removed my entire posting info?? Machine is in great shape, ways, spindle etc. I have about a half dozen tool holders that will go with it.

Just some friendly help: if you have a vertical head that matches the machine, it drastically increases the appeal to most buyers. Make sure to mention it, if its on the shelf somewhere in the shop, in addition to any and all tooling you have for it.

Like the ESSENTIAL arbor support there on the shelf. It originally came with THREE - all different

Just some friendly help: if you have a vertical head that matches the machine, it drastically increases the appeal to most buyers. Make sure to mention it, if its on the shelf somewhere in the shop, in addition to any and all tooling you have for it.

I had more info and pictures, but it would not let me post, said I had too many tags?? whatever that is?? couldnt list until I just about removed my entire posting info?? Machine is in great shape, ways, spindle etc. I have about a half dozen tool holders that will go with it.

Your tag problem can be solved w/o deleting parts of your post. Look below where you are typing your post and where the tags are and delete some of the tags themselves. That should let you post!
Jerry

Thanks Jerry! Also, to answer a few questions, no I don't have a vertical head, yes I have a couple steady rests, the arbors and about 6 50-taper tool holders.

I've far surpassed my machine acquisition limit for the year, but as someone who WOULD be interested. A nice shot of the ways and table along with the controls would go along way.

I've seen many nice tight machines, looked at lots of K&T's. Usually nice and tight because some rammed them with a tow motor and bent the screw!

Yours looks like a nice well cared for machine. Nice price too. Hope you find a new home where it can be "really useful".

Love my machine, identical to this one except mine is a bit more worn out.
I would be all over this if it were just a little bit closer. That is a pretty good price for a good looking machine, too bad no vertical head.

Michael

Back