What's new
What's new

K & T Milling Machine Horizontal with Vertical Head $1500.00

Deese

Aluminum
This machine was in a lot I bought from an estate. It has the vertical head attachment,I have the drive gear for the vertical head. I will remove the vises from the table. The previous owner used some dark oil on the machine so it needs some cleanup. I have a forklift and can load the machine on your trailer,or on a hotshots trailer.336-264-1803 call or text [email protected] email

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_095025.jpg
    IMG_20180827_095025.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_20180827_095038.jpg
    IMG_20180827_095038.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_20180827_095052.jpg
    IMG_20180827_095052.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 494
  • 1534956941307.jpg
    1534956941307.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 1534956941307.jpg
    1534956941307.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
When you say "dark oil cleanup" what do you mean precisely? Because I've got a 2H vert, that had some "dark oil" in the base, that literally no solvent invented by man or visiting extraterrestrials can put a dent in. It's not quite solid, more blob-like in consistency, but the only thing that'll remove it, is mechanical manipulation.

I've just decided it's easier, and cheaper, to repress the thought of it, and get treatment for the trauma later! ;D That, and put a redneck "Five Gallon Bucket Sump" (band, bar, or stripclub name?) beside it.

LOL, anyway..

What shape is this girl in, and what the deal with the hydraulic knee? Still have the power/rapids on each axis? Top spindle speed?

I'm casually looking for a nice horizontal with vertical option.

what the deal with the hydraulic knee? Still have the power/rapids on each axis? Top spindle speed

Yes, assuming it works

1500 on horizontal, possibly a bit more on vert attach - depending on version

When you say "dark oil cleanup" what do you mean precisely? Because I've got a 2H vert, that had some "dark oil" in the base, that literally no solvent invented by man or visiting extraterrestrials can put a dent in. It's not quite solid, more blob-like in consistency, but the only thing that'll remove it, is mechanical manipulation.

I've just decided it's easier, and cheaper, to repress the thought of it, and get treatment for the trauma later! ;D That, and put a redneck "Five Gallon Bucket Sump" (band, bar, or stripclub name?) beside it.
There may be hope.. Similar challenge, similar plan, Quartet mill. Was even going to fill the base sump with concrete so it was never again an issue - external cutting oil system or go pound sand. Well.. concrete, then.

Serendipity happened.

Mill sat so damned long before I got back down INTO it that dehydration and differential thermal expansion had caused the "miracle plastic" vs cast-Iron bond to over-stress, peeled the chunks way from the casting. Could then break 'em up and lift 'em right out.

About four years should do it, your shop is DRY enough and the temp swings are extreme enough!

Downside? There went my chance of selling the formula to the plastics industry as a material tougher than cut-nails!

;)

There may be hope.. Similar challenge, similar plan, Quartet mill. Was even going to fill the base sump with concrete so it was never again an issue - external cutting oil system or go pound sand. Well.. concrete, then.

Serendipity happened.

Mill sat so damned long before I got back down INTO it that dehydration and differential thermal expansion had caused the "miracle plastic" vs cast-Iron bond to over-stress, peeled the chunks way from the casting. Could then break 'em up and lift 'em right out.

About four years should do it, your shop is DRY enough and the temp swings are extreme enough!

Downside? There went my chance of selling the formula to the plastics industry as a material tougher than cut-nails!

;)

Yeah unfortunately, I'm in the temperate rain-forest of western NC Smokey Mtns. Where its damn near constantly wet and scientifically impossible humidity levels during the summer, and so bone dry in the winter, that even things like micarta shrink dimensionally enough to cause me problems, let alone anything natural.

I'm a custom knife maker, and I specialize in lots of very high end materials. I have had to adopt a policy of never gluing handle material to pocket knife liners or any really thin tangs, during either transition, unless I'm ready to finish the piece the same day, because no matter what, if I wait any significant time from glue up, to pinning, finish and ship, the handle slabs will be peeling off the liners.

I know it's exacerbated by the wood heat, but the swings are just so destructive. I don't even bother with wood most of the time, too much risk in any season of having it show up the customer, having the scales crawling off anywhere there's not a hard mechanical fastener (and I do extensively fasten mechanically on top of adhesive), because it'll be either significantly dryer anywhere else in the summer, or more humid in the winter.

I'm guessing you're in a similar area of Virginia. I grew up in the tropics, literally, in the rain forests of Costa Rica, Panama, and Nicaragua, and they've got nothing on this place. ;~\

Yeah unfortunately, I'm in the temperate rain-forest of western NC Smokey Mtns. Where its damn near constantly wet and scientifically impossible humidity levels during the summer, and so bone dry in the winter, that even things like micarta shrink dimensionally enough to cause me problems, let alone anything natural.

I'm a custom knife maker, and I specialize in lots of very high end materials. I have had to adopt a policy of never gluing handle material to pocket knife liners or any really thin tangs, during either transition, unless I'm ready to finish the piece the same day, because no matter what, if I wait any significant time from glue up, to pinning, finish and ship, the handle slabs will be peeling off the liners.

I know it's exacerbated by the wood heat, but the swings are just so destructive. I don't even bother with wood most of the time, too much risk in any season of having it show up the customer, having the scales crawling off anywhere there's not a hard mechanical fastener (and I do extensively fasten mechanically on top of adhesive), because it'll be either significantly dryer anywhere else in the summer, or more humid in the winter.

I'm guessing you're in a similar area of Virginia. I grew up in the tropics, literally, in the rain forests of Costa Rica, Panama, and Nicaragua, and they've got nothing on this place. ;~\

Know what you mean. Long Binh to Cam Ranh Bay, all over China, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Kota, Borneo.. 51 countries, missed only Antarctica.

But no. "Nawthun Virgin-inyah" is tough "sometimes", but good insulation, ambient air management, AC, de-hum / hum makes it eminently manageable for the roughly half the year one or the other even needs managed. Other half is just fine, ambient.

Your CUSTOMERS have God-alone knows what environments, so you are on the right track, already in "delta-proofing" the product.

You want a serious-nice year-round "natural" environment for yer old age, I recommend Lugano, CH if you have a fortune, Oviedo, Gijon, or Santander, Spain, "mid range", else China's "Shangri La" region on the cheap. Or it USED to be, anyway. Chile can be lovely, as well. Montevideo, too.

The Argentine? Much the same as most of the rest of LATAM.

Salvageable only if all the self-destructive political idiots were to de-camp so an emptier country could get a clean start!

Much the same as here, IOW...

:)

Back