What's new
What's new

Kalamazoo 12B automatic horizontal bandsaw near Portland, OR

Garwood

Diamond
This saw works good. It is older, but pretty good shape. Hydraulics are quiet. Cuts dead straight. Includes original manuals and about a dozen brand new 1.25" Lennox variable pitch blades. I just bought a mitering auto saw for one of our products so this will need to go.

Max cut is 13.25" by 27"

Max feed stroke is about 24"

240 3 phase

Hydraulic blade tensioning

New inverter rated 7.5HP motor and VFD about 4 years ago.

Coolant

Easy to use manual or automatic.

Doesn't leak much hydraulic fluid.

This is not a programmable saw. No plc, no relays. Just a few switches and everything else is 100% hydraulic. You crank a handle to set the length and load your bars. There's a reason this saw still works good even though it was made in the 1960's.

Must be moved in 2 pieces. The shuttle table bolts to the saw, but I would not pick it this way.

Weighs around 4500 lbs.

$1750 loaded on your truck or trailer.

How much of a pain is it to make say 1 or two cuts; I understand this is meant more to set and cut hundreds+ but would it be feasible to use for onsies and twosies?

How much of a pain is it to make say 1 or two cuts; I understand this is meant more to set and cut hundreds+ but would it be feasible to use for onsies and twosies?

It's no problem at all to use full manual. I cut manually with it as much as I use it auto. It has controls on it to run everything manually.

Had a clear path to move the Kalamazoo out so I split it and moved it into storage today.

$1500 OBO. Trades?

I could use Cat40 toolholders, a Haas HRT210 or HRT160 compatible with an early 90's VF-0, A 25" to 30" bolt on facing slide for a 4" (100mm) HBM, Aloris CA toolholders

This is a good saw that comes with $1000 in new Lennox blades.kalamazoo4.jpgkalamazoo3.jpgkalamazoo2.jpgkalamazoo1.jpg

The Kalamazoo is heading to it's new home. Had a great time playing show and tell with Brandon for a few hours.

I picked this saw up on Saturday, November 28th. She's a beast! With the 7.5 hp Teco motor and Teco VFD, 1 1/4" blade and auto feed shuttle table, I think my horizontal sawing needs will be met for quite some time. I'll be making some upgrades and changes, but that will be for another thread.
Nice meeting you, Dustin! Thanks for the shop tour and stories.

Back