What's new
What's new

Kalamazoo 13x19" 13AW horizontal bandsaw variable speed w/coolant pump

Dope

Cast Iron
This is a Kalamazoo 13x19" 13AW horizontal bandsaw. It is 3 phase 230v and has a 30' heavy-duty cord. Comes with a coolant pump that circulates through the guide arm. Variable speed drive, not a step pulley model. Casters have been welded to the legs for easy mobility as well. Finally, there is a long adjustable stop for repeat cutting operations.

Serial number is 758 which leads me to believe this is from the late 60s. This is an absolute beast of a bandsaw and does not have any problems that I am aware of. I have a forklift and can load this into your truck or trailer. Possibly willing to deliver in a small radius, and will assist in shipping if you have a preferred method. $3000

Cutting specs:
Round: 13"
Rectangle: 13" x 19"
45 ° round: 12"
45 ° rectangle: 13" x 19"
Vise opening: 20"
Cutting speeds: 65-345 FPM (infinitely variable)
Blade size: 13' 11" x 1" x .035"
Motor: 2HP 3 phase
Weight: approximately 1150lbs

dSmQmHz.jpg

zAFEun8.jpg

e7K0xyY.jpg

fHHOvOY.jpg

xsLGylD.jpg

CjfZNOY.jpg

Update: I have no idea what this is actually worth, to be completely transparent. $2500 or make me an offer.

Update: I have no idea what this is actually worth, to be completely transparent. $2500 or make me an offer.

Personally, I think you're still optimistic. I got a mid-60s DoAll quite similar to that (but it is a step pulley with no coolant) for $300 a couple years ago. I was very happy to get it for the price, but is yours worth 8x more than that? I would have been interested in your saw for about half of what you're asking now, back when I was looking.

$.02

Personally, I think you're still optimistic. I got a mid-60s DoAll quite similar to that (but it is a step pulley with no coolant) for $300 a couple years ago. I was very happy to get it for the price, but is yours worth 8x more than that? I would have been interested in your saw for about half of what you're asking now, back when I was looking.

$.02

I appreciate your opinion! I sold a ratty 1941 kalamazoo 9x16" for $800 a few weeks ago so I figured this thing was worth significantly more. I'm getting rid of my horizontal saws and buying a Marvel vertical saw instead.

That saws right there as a basic industrial horizontal bandsaw. They usually sell in the $1000 to $1500 range. I sold the full automatic bigger brother to that saw in really nice shape for around $3000 with about $1500 in new Lenox blades.

I'd say if somebody likes the look of the older saws- The cast iron legs and all that. The mid and large size Kalamazoo saws like this one are a great investment. They have a brick shithouse gearbox. A lot of the other old saws used exposed pinion gears that ran inside the band wheel. A real joke (Doall).

I don't know if this saw is like this or not, but my big MF'r Kalamazoo that I sold when I went to a full auto mitering CNC saw was designed so the blade runs backwards. It was strange, always had me thinking for a second if I had to fixture a part for a weird cut. They had a section in the manual that discussed how the saw cut better that way past a certain HP level (that saw was 7.5HP).

That saws right there as a basic industrial horizontal bandsaw. They usually sell in the $1000 to $1500 range. I sold the full automatic bigger brother to that saw in really nice shape for around $3000 with about $1500 in new Lenox blades.

I'd say if somebody likes the look of the older saws- The cast iron legs and all that. The mid and large size Kalamazoo saws like this one are a great investment. They have a brick shithouse gearbox. A lot of the other old saws used exposed pinion gears that ran inside the band wheel. A real joke (Doall).

I don't know if this saw is like this or not, but my big MF'r Kalamazoo that I sold when I went to a full auto mitering CNC saw was designed so the blade runs backwards. It was strange, always had me thinking for a second if I had to fixture a part for a weird cut. They had a section in the manual that discussed how the saw cut better that way past a certain HP level (that saw was 7.5HP).
Hello I am wondering if this saw is still available? Please let me know thanks

Back