What's new
What's new

Kao Ming 40S Tool and Cutter $2000 Northern Illinois.

bastarddsm

Aluminum
I don't really know much about them, bought it in a machine lot. Came out of a bankrupt shop. Have not tried to power it up. I do not know enough about them to judge it's condition, other than dirty. Price is negotiable. Willing to trade for some tools to help equip my start up. I could use a couple vices, cat 40 tooling, kwik switch 200 tooling, tooling for a K.O. Lee cutter grinder.

Located in 61342, and we can load on your truck. Seen one sell on Epay for $1200, looked like it was missing parts compared to this one, so I figure start at $2000. Probably could deliver if somewhat local (1hr)

Attachments

• 20200223_171745.jpg
    20200223_171745.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 20200223_171736.jpg
    20200223_171736.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 20200223_171758.jpg
    20200223_171758.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 324
For those who don't recognize the model number, it's a clone of the Cincinnati #2 tool and cutter grinder.

It's got some kind of fixture on it that I can't make out from the sideways photos.

bastarddsm, is there any T&C tooling with this thing? Work heads? Centers? Fingers? Extra wheel hubs?

I took the pictures with my phone, and they are rightside up. idk how they got sideways, ugh. There was some extra stuff that came with the lot I bought. I'm away from this stuff from tues-thur every week, but I'll try and get some better pictures Friday. I really don't know what any of those things are.

On the machine looks like some sort of a truing device, and like a collet indexer on the other. There is another sort of collet indexer in the pile. I don't think there is any centers. I do not what what a work head, or fingers are. Might be extra wheels hubs. there is a pile of wheels. Have not looked through them.

We (my dad) have a K.O. Lee t+c grinder, that we have never used, but hope to. I thought about keeping this, but I think dads is better equipped, all though smaller. And I suspect at this point I need money more than a need a t+c grinder. But any attachments usable on the KOLee we have I'd like to keep, but it's all negotiable.

If I'm wacked on the price, by all means let me know. I don't want to give it away, but I also don't want it in the way.

I do not what what a work head, or fingers are.
There are several types and sizes of work head for a T&C grinder this size. In general, a work head has a chuck and/or an internal taper to grab cutter shanks. It might index to fixed positions, or rotate freely possibly powered by a small gearmotor. Many work heads tilt and/or rotate on their bases, so the cutter can be presented to the grinding wheel at various angles. The ones that rotate on their bases are often used for putting a radius on the corners of milling cutters. I've got either three or four different workheads for my Cincinnati #2, not counting related things like the form cutter grinding fixture. A big basic workhead for a T&C grinder this size might have an NMTB50 taper on one end and a MT5 or MT4 taper (or similarly sized B&S taper) on the opposite end, rotate freely around the arbor axis, and an optional index ring with maybe 12 notches on it.

In the context of a T&C grinder, a finger is a small piece of thin spring steel mounted on the end of a shaft that bolts firmly to the grinder table or to a fixture on the table, or to the wheelhead or the body of the T&C grinder, depending on what you are doing. Often there is a micrometer-style adjustment of the length of the finger. Fingers are used to locate or register the cutter's cutting edges at a fixed height above the table (or a fixed distance from the wheel). You will move the table back and forth, while rotating the cutter to keep the edge on one helical or straight flute in contact with the end of the finger. This gives you a consistent geometry between the cutter and the grinding wheel. When done with one flute, you index the cutter to the next flute (by pushing the finger out of the way), put the new flute in contact with the finger and repeat. That way, you grind all the flutes the same.

I think you are in the ball park now with price. I'm to far away and only need accessories because my #2 is recently refurbished. The older #2 with accessories have been selling at my local machine dealer for about $500. I hope you are able to get it moved.
-Brian

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Back