What's new
What's new

Kearney trecker 2hl univ.

Sgcjulio

Plastic
Spokane craiglist 2hl universal with all the bells n whistles low lead,Dh,vert. head.
Say’s orig. mint condition. 10grand
Boy if I was a west coaster I’d be ALL over it.
No photos though so, ya never know?
Gitter boys👍🏻

I saw that and I'm close enough that I could take advantage of the sale...but there's a catch, NO DRIVE GEAR for the vertical head, and the price is nuts!

The proper drive gear in 50 taper is a real tough one to find, and they made several versions of it..if I recall correctly.

Stuart

When I bought the head I told the seller I needed the drive gear.
He showed me a photo of a table with a bunch of tooling on it.
I pointed out the drive gear and told I would only buy the head if it came with the gear.
He said ok and the deal was done.
When the head arrived there was no drive gear so I called him and asked where the gear was and he said
that that wasn't part of the deal. \
I had half a mind to drive to southern california and kick him in the jimmy.
The price is based on what I have into it.
Any offers will be considered though I probably won't go as low as "Hey man, I've got half a bag of weed and every year for my birthday my Grandmother maybe gives me 5 bucks".
Trades are welcome too. I've never had a Deckel style mill so I'm looking for one of those and a small cylindrical grinder like a Supertec cg412 or Covel 512 to replace the Studer I sold.

Well to be fair, it is a beautiful machine and is certainly loaded with all the accessories, and if your price is OBA then it'll be a good deal for someone.

I had one that could have been its brother, sans universal table. Came with the vertical head and proper gear, all for $1500 clams. When I left the sawmill, I sold it to them for $2000 dollars. It's still there, not being used, and if I weren't old and starting to drool, I think I would try to buy it back. They're real workhorses.

I hope you find a buyer..someone who cares about it as much as it appears you do.:)

Stuart

And dont forget the auxilliary drive shaft to drive the lead box. Dont see it in the pics.
They’re as hard to find as that drive gear.
Been lookin for one for my 3ch for almost a year and aint found nuttin!

I believe the auxiliary drive shaft is just needed with the low lead attachment.
The conventional lead attachment is driven by the lead screw.

That mill is in as close to new condition as I've ever seen. I don't know that it's worth the asking price but then again you're not going to find one in better condition. And when you consider what something like that would sell for if it was brand new.... The right person with some disposable cash that wants one might be willing to hand over the cash. I hope the seller finds that person.

I look at old machines differently if condition is this good. What new alternatives are available at the same cost? In this case, I'm not sure what they would be. I almost bit the bullet just to preserve the K and T and the seller ( a really nice guy ) talked me out of it for the type of work I do. Hope it finds someone who appreciates the quality of the machine - and is willing to pay for it. Dave

Thanks Dave. I use it everyday and don't really even want to sell it but I'm not getting any younger and I can't take it with me so I put it out there to see if anybody wants it more than me.
If sold I'll have to replace it and I am sure I will pay way more than 10 grand for something of equal quality.
Greg.

What is the difference between the 2HL and the 2H?
I see the knee is ever so slightly different than the 2H that I recently sold. Just the auto stop clamps and the knee lock levers.
Damn that is one fine machine and with all the goodies.
If you have never used one it is like driving a very fancy sports car, everything is right where it needs to be and the experience is like no other.
I didn't even know that the tables were scraped from the factory. Too bad about the gear.

The price for just the bearings for only the knee and table on my 2k is around 1200 bucks. Not to mention the time n labor to degrease, rebuild, re-scrape. Re-assemble, paint. Yep you west coast boys are crazy not to SNATCH that sweet machine UP👍🏻

Back