What's new
What's new

KEF PSD5 Industrial Grinder - $150 OBO, West Michigan

elitts

Plastic
I ended up with a KEF industrial grinder because it was in an auction lot with a motor I needed. 3 phase, so I couldn't test it, but it spins freely and while obviously well used, still looks cared for and was reported to be from a working environment. No stones or wheels are on it.

The price is set to take into account the fact that I haven't tested it myself.

Here's a link to the instruction manual.

KEF PSD 5 INSTRUCTION MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

120897766_10219639174433384_5893860744026167400_o.jpg

120651789_10219639174553387_4660801883961686894_o.jpg

See page 22 of the 1988 Hammond catalog for model PSD5. It is shown as a double end belt grinder, but probably could be set up with wheels. The pictures in post #1 do not show the whole machine, but I suspect the belt parts, tool rests and guards are not included. Note that it has a 460 V motor.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/415/1576.pdf

The company is still in business, but no longer shows the KEF line of machines online. Maybe they have parts...

Hammond Roto-Finish

KEF in Denmark still makes these.

Product : KEF-Motor

Larry

See page 22 of the 1988 Hammond catalog for model PSD5. It is shown as a double end belt grinder, but probably could be set up with wheels. The pictures in post #1 do not show the whole machine, but I suspect the belt parts, tool rests and guards are not included. Note that it has a 460 V motor.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/415/1576.pdf

The company is still in business, but no longer shows the KEF line of machines online. Maybe they have parts...

Hammond Roto-Finish

KEF in Denmark still makes these.

Product : KEF-Motor

Larry

The motor can be re-wired for 230 V 3-phase as well.

FWIW

-Ron

Re-wired or rewound? The machine nameplate only says 460 V.
KEF brags about no downtime, no OVERHEATING. One way to do that IS with higher Voltage, lower current windings, and "simpler" wire-lay at that than dual-Voltage needs.

"In theory" an erg is an Erg and there should be no difference.

In PRACTICE smaller diameter wire, more lineal measure of of it, ONE winding, not two for series OR parallel, means less trapped heat BUILD up in a tight as sardines tinned grinder/polisher/sander uber-compact housing?

Or so it seems, what with higher-Voltage motors running cooler, longer in MANY applications.

2CW

will you ship ?

Sorry for the delayed response, I forgot to set up notifications when someone responds to my post and didn't notice.

Yes, I'm willing to ship it if you're willing to pay for the shipping. Though I'm uncertain as to the cheapest way to send it. I want to say it's got to be under 85lbs, so I think Fedex and UPS will take it, but I'll check tonight. If you have a preferred shipping option, I'll look into that as well.

Also, since I forgot in my original post,

[email protected]

Back