What's new
What's new

Last and best surface grinder for sale Okamoto 12 x 24 automatic

indianamoon

Aluminum
Offered for sale is an Okamoto fully automatic surface grinder with Extremely low hours.

Here is the story on this machine. After opening my shop, I watched this grinder as it sat in a machinery boneyard warehouse and collected pigeon droppings for nearly 10 years. At a certain point I thought I needed a grinder this big, so bought it, hauled it to the shop, completely disassembled it, and called in the machinery scrapers because I was Absolutely certain that the grinder needed a complete overhaul. I hadn't run it yet, and Boy was I WRONG. The scraper checked it all out and asked me why in the world I called them in. It needed nothing, not even a tuneup. So it got a coat of epoxy paint and was set up in the shop. It actually got used a couple of times over the years as I am basically a one man shop.

The main control board went out at one point and the repair shop didn't think they could fix it, so I bought a new one from Okamoto. Old one got fixed, went back in, and has been there ever since. New one has not been out of the box and is included in the sale

The grinder has over the wheel dresser, coolant tank and pump, automatic magnetic chuck, a copy of the original manual, lots of extra grinding wheels, automatic incremental downfeed, and a 12 inch squeegee (not pictured, but it is like new)

The grinder is currently under power and available for inspection. I am not able to load as my forklift is not big enough, but I can arrange for a rigger to load for a reasonable fee.

Looking for $6500 for this low hours machine in excellent condition.

020.jpg006.jpg004.jpg010.jpg

This sale is part of a complete machine shop liquidation, please e-mail for list

Thanx for looking and please buy something either big or heavy,

Pat

He edited price in later.

Glad he does post prices. Nothing more annoying than a sale ad with no price.

L7

I've spent quite a few hours sitting in front of a grinder exactly like this. Good little grinder.

Back