What's new
What's new

LeBlond heavy Duty 17" 4 jaw value

onioncasserole

Plastic
1st post
I have an attached photo of a LeBlond Heavy Duty 17" Lathe w/ 3 phase motor. Any ideas on the value of such a piece?
Thanks, Jason

LeBlond Lathe.jpg

A little disappointed. Thought it might be worth more than just scrap.

They are all worth more than scrap - assuming one has found a dead serious got-to-have-it buyer. Lack of such a customer puts them in the scrap category. People are generally not lining up to buy old rusty machine tools.

Can you tell me a how this went for you? Did you restore? if so, was it worth it?

I saw it at the scrapyard, I wanted it and bought it.

As for a restoration, yes it will eventually be bought back from the dead. But right now it's sitting on the trailer I hauled it in on waiting until I have a chance to unload it.

Just way too many projects.

As far as what a restored lathe like this is worth, not much more. It's a nice conehead, but a conehead none the less and the only people that would want it would be homeshop guys or people like me who are too stupid for our own good.

Are you a seller or potential buyer?

I saw it at the scrapyard, I wanted it and bought it.

As for a restoration, yes it will eventually be bought back from the dead. But right now it's sitting on the trailer I hauled it in on waiting until I have a chance to unload it.

Just way too many projects.

As far as what a restored lathe like this is worth, not much more. It's a nice conehead, but a conehead none the less and the only people that would want it would be homeshop guys or people like me who are too stupid for our own good.

Are you a seller or potential buyer?

My Dad owns this piece. He was about to scrap it so I suggested trying to sell it first if it had much value. I think he knew what you mentioned... only home-shop guys with some time and patience would be interested. I hate to see something really old and fixable go to scrap.

I would expect you might get slightly above scrap price if you find someone who feels sorry for the old girl.
I HATE to see machines go to scrap, but hauled off 2 small dump truck loads of old broken/ worn / unused machines last yer to make space.
If you could get $350 for it I would consider it a pretty good day, and a fair shake on both sides.
My .02

P.S.
It could be made into a horizontal weld positioner/manipulator/ fixture...
Might advertise it with that note.
It might also take a year to find the buyer...

A conehead is a generic term for a lathe driven by flat belting. Post it on CL for a few hundred, someone might save it.

If you do put it on CL, take some more of those great photos

If you want to add related catalog scans, just Private Message me your email address

I hope you didn't scrap this or sell it because I will pay top dollar for some of the parts on it.

Back