LeBlond Makino RMC 55 for Sale
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default LeBlond Makino RMC 55 for Sale

I'm in the process of purchasing a newer piece of equipment so I am putting my LeBlond Makino RMC 55 up for sale. Specific specs can be found on Google obviously but this is the basics.

21" X travel
    12" Y travel
    17" Z travel
    Fanuc OM-b control
    CAT 40 Spindle Taper
    4500 Max RPM
    Homemade mist cooler (works but has it's issues)
    8000lbs

Will come with a couple holders including some Bilz#1 tension/compression chucks that I will no longer need and about 35 pull studs considering the machine I'm buying utilizes a different style.

Machine loading and removal is buyers cost but I can help as I know riggers who put it where it sits obviously.

Asking $5000.00 but am open to reasonable offers to keep my project moving forward. I will post more pictures as soon as I can but the one below is recent and obviously the machine is a little dirty from use. Please PM if interested or have any questions. Located in northwest indiana nearest to Ft. Wayne.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The year is a 1991 according to the original packing list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any problems with the mill? Does the control have a conversational side to it or is it straight g code? Thanks Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I use the mill weekly as needed in my part time shop. I have never had any issues with it since I've owned it which is a little over two years now. It apparently came out of a medical company according to the tags that were on it when I bought it that have since been removed. I do believe it has a conversational side but I have never used it. I have a working post for it for Fusion 360 as well that I modified for the machine when I purchased it that I can supply as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kctallguy View Post
    I use the mill weekly as needed in my part time shop. I have never had any issues with it since I've owned it which is a little over two years now. It apparently came out of a medical company according to the tags that were on it when I bought it that have since been removed. I do believe it has a conversational side but I have never used it. I have a working post for it for Fusion 360 as well that I modified for the machine when I purchased it that I can supply as well.

How much does it weigh? How tall is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

8000 lbs

If you take the spindle motor off it will fit in a 86" doorway. Not a big deal to remove and reattach it. I'll get actual numbers when I get back to the shop tomorrow and post the height for everyone. Forgot to post that originally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kctallguy View Post
    8000 lbs

If you take the spindle motor off it will fit in a 86" doorway. Not a big deal to remove and reattach it. I'll get actual numbers when I get back to the shop tomorrow and post the height for everyone. Forgot to post that originally.
    FWIW, a Makino KE55 mill weighs about 6,500 lbs, the iron is almost identical to an RMC55 so unlikely yours weighs 8K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the input Milacron. I have no documentation with the machine so maybe the 6500lbs is correct. I just went off the Google search.

Update:
    I will be receiving my new piece of equipment in a week or so and the riggers will be here to jockey everything around. I'll accept any reasonable offers at this time. If I don't get or accept an offer by then it will be off to the scrap yard or I will be parted out. Would love to keep it as it's a great machine but I need the space.