What's new
What's new

LeBlond Regal Lathe with Digital Readout, chucks and tools for sale

Lumpskie

Plastic
Hi all,

I have a LeBlond Regal lathe for sale. The history on this lathe is that I got this lathe from my job. (where I am an engineer that works more with software) It is in great working condition and was being used within the last month in our rapid prototyping lab. The only reason that the lab got rid of it is because they upgraded to new CNC equipment. I don't have room for it but worked a deal with my company to save it from being sold as scrap. It has a digital readout, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, cabinet and an assortment of tools. I am looking for $4000 or best offer. Feel free to ask any questions or tell me if my asking price isn't realistic but this machine really is ready to put to work.

Pictures:

dHIsTqm.jpg

y5Z50SB.jpg

iwkkfMS.jpg

I already have enough lathes, but I'll take a couple of those Cohiba Robustos. :D

I already have enough lathes, but I'll take a couple of those Cohiba Robustos. :D

If I can't sell everything together, I might take you up on that! Can you PM me with details of what you want and what you are thinking on price?

I don’t need it but your price is about double what I would consider fair. It may still take awhile to sell at $2k. If you don’t have room to store it for a few months $1k is a good starting point. Good luck

I don’t need it but your price is about double what I would consider fair. It may still take awhile to sell at $2k. If you don’t have room to store it for a few months $1k is a good starting point. Good luck

I don't know what bubble you live in. This is not a clapped out South Bend. It is worth every bit of $4k and perhaps more. This is very well equipped and it has a taper attachment. The DRO alone is worth $1,000.

In the last year I have bid on 3 Monarhs including a 10ee, 2 Colchesters, 1 LeBlonde, and 2 South Bends. None of them brought over $2500. The LeBlonde was very similar and sold for $1100 on fleabay. By the way the South Bends brought the most money. I will admit I live in a iron poor area with inflated prices.

Thanks for the feedback. Price drop to $3500.

Like was mentioned, the DRO alone was purchased for over $2000. I did look at ebay but it seems like my price is consistent with what's posted. Keep in mind, this isn't a rusty or mistreated lathe. It really is in good condition. I will also take the advice given on here and post over on craigslist.

Thanks for the feedback. Price drop to $3500.

Like was mentioned, the DRO alone was purchased for over $2000. I did look at ebay but it seems like my price is consistent with what's posted. Keep in mind, this isn't a rusty or mistreated lathe. It really is in good condition. I will also take the advice given on here and post over on craigslist.

I wouldn't drop the price at all. In point of fact you are way too low. That same machine being sold by LeBlond new is almost $20,000 without tooling and your machine is not abused, in great shape,American made not Asian and well tooled. It is the perfect size for Home Shop use as well, which is the largest market for manual machines today. I would buy that machine for your price in a heartbeat, but I'm a continent away.

I wouldn't drop the price at all. In point of fact you are way too low. That same machine being sold by LeBlond new is almost $20,000 without tooling and your machine is not abused, in great shape,American made not Asian and well tooled. It is the perfect size for Home Shop use as well, which is the largest market for manual machines today. I would buy that machine for your price in a heartbeat, but I'm a continent away.

It's completely relative to area. Maybe in your part of the world, nice manual lathes are pretty hard to come by, but in some parts of the US, they're being practically given away.

That being said, $3500 sounds like a decent deal for this lathe to me, in my part of the country, and if it were local, I'd likely be all over it.

However, my my perception about the seller's area, is that there are a lot of tools up that way, and it's a long haul from most parts of the country. Although I definitely wouldn't say he's asking crazy prices for a nice heavy, small size, well treated lathe with a nice DRO, in any part of the country, regardless of what Aejgx6 says. Auction prices IMO don't reflect "under power, for sale by owner" prices.

A good 10EE in the same condition as the OP's lathe appears, could quickly, and easily fetch $5k+, with someone driving half way across the country to get it, although it wouldn't be me buying it.

I'm giving him a thumbs up just for keeping it from becoming scrap. Not to mention that recent post for a Craigslist add of a Southbend heavy 10, nicely tooled, asking 10k firm. Some people felt it was reasonable, I was not in that camp. At 3500 this is a much better deal. Given it has a nice readout it really sweetens the pot.

It seems to me it’s priced fairly. If a 14x40 import is priced at $4000 to $5000 which would you rather have? Although I know there is no guarantee with this lathe it looks like it’s pretty nice. The downside is his location in relation to the rest of the country.

Thanks you guys. PM replied. I'll grab more info on weight and dimensions of the lathe either tonight or tomorrow.

Back