Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Levin Cabinet Watchmakers Precision Lathe 8303

I bought a Levin lathe as a project and I didnít realize how delicate and costly they are to accessories. I hope to sell it. And reinvest in a small mill.

I bought it from a second owner, who ran a medical equipment manufacturing. He used it to create prototypes for heart implant components. And interesting enough it used to belong to Doctor William P Murphy. According to the owner that I bought it from, the machine was purchased from his state sale in the late 80ís. William P Murphy won a Nobel price for medicine and he was a hobby machinist. So itís a cool backstory to the machine.

The machine runs, the bearing runs smooth and the motor has a surprising amount of torque even at low RPMís. Itís an original permanent magnet motor. The slide works smoothly, it does have backlash and I donít know if thereís a way to adjust it out. But again due to its high level of precision and cost, I donít feel qualified to adjust it. All components work as they should although it needs some TLC.

The base and the lathe weight around 300 pounds. Well mostly the base, the lathe should weight more than 30pounds and I believe Iím being quite generous. Of someone is interested I see how itís attached to the cabinet and can manufacture a crate and bolt it. This would allow regular shipping. Of not a freight might be necessary otherwise.

Iím hoping to recoup the $1500 dollars I purchased it for. But Iím willing to hear offers.

The component that comes with it are:
    The lathe
    The cabinet
    1 collet size 71 type D Aka 10mm
    The motor control
    The motor
    The Cross slide

Let me know if you need any further details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image0.jpg   image1.jpg   image2.jpg   image3.jpg   image9.jpg