What's new
What's new

FS: Delta 17-600 17" Drill Press

Rick_B

Stainless
In an attempt to make some room I have decided to move my 17” Delta drill press along to a new home. This machine was manufactured in 1967 (based on serial number 1452210) and has been completely rebuilt. It has a Rockwell ¾ HP 1725 RPM, 3 phase (230/460 volt) motor but comes with a VFD for single phase use. The drill press has a tilt table with table raising mechanism. It was rebuilt a few years back including complete tear down, cleaning/blasting and painting, new motor bearings and new spindle bearings. It has seen only light use since the rebuild.

Motor speeds are 385, 600, 935, 1450 and 2240 but with the VFD it has a range of speeds within each pulley setting. The chuck is a Jacobs 34-33C taper mount with a locking ring. Run out on the spindle nose is .001”.

The VFD is an Allen Bradley 160-AA04NSF1P1 and uses single phase 220 volt input. It is mounted to a plate which is integrated with the motor mounting plate. The original switch, a LED light and motor are all integrated into the VFD wiring.

Included are the drill press, VFD, light, stand with leveling feet and an oversize Woodpecker table. Note that no fence is included. Asking $875 for the package – HOWEVER – if you don’t want some of the accessories then I’d be willing to keep them for my own use and reduce the pricing as follows:
Light – subtract $25
Table – subtract $50
VFD – subtract $115
Stand with leveling feet - subtract $35

As always I am open to reasonable offers and may be able to help with delivery. Additional or better pictures can be made available.

Thanks for looking
Rick

[/URL

Bump for the weekend crowd - don't be shy about reasonable offers and I can deliver to a lot of places for gas contributions

Thanks for looking

Rick

Thanks for the bump jmhoying - I agree if it wasn't for a very nice 20" WT with a large cast iron table and legs that I just completed the restoration on - I would not not be selling the Delta. I just can't afford the space for four hole making machines.

Rick

Back