What's new
What's new

Anybody near Baltimore want to rescue an American Lathe?

That's a good looking lathe. If everything thing works somebody could be getting a bargain. Those lengths of metal on the cross slide are interesting. They look like the strips the " Meta- Loc " and " Lock- Stitch " guys use to join together broken castings.

Potentially a screaming deal on a very nice lathe. Seller is not doing much of a job selling is he? Condition totally unknown, still at that price would be worth a look for anyone close.

Quite a bit of old and more-or-less inactive industrial space in Baltimore getting "repurposed". Could be this is stuff-to-be-cleaned-out by the new owner. Glad this machine didn't come up when I was putting machines into my garage or I wouldn't have room for whats in there now... :)

Potentially a screaming deal on a very nice lathe. Seller is not doing much of a job selling is he? Condition totally unknown, still at that price would be worth a look for anyone close.

He said "this machine is a beast". What more do you need to know? ;)

Steve

That's a good looking lathe. If everything thing works somebody could be getting a bargain. Those lengths of metal on the cross slide are interesting. They look like the strips the " Meta- Loc " and " Lock- Stitch " guys use to join together broken castings.

Pretty sure they're just tight chip coils meant to show how well the machine can cut. Or am I missing a joke?

He said "this machine is a beast". What more do you need to know? ;)

Steve

if all the tooling in the picture is included , you are getting some interesting stuff. there are two Seco boxes on the tailstock, and looks like a few more Aloris tool holders. There is a drill chuck in the tray, and i do not see steady and follow, but if he has it, i am sure it would come with it, what else would he do with it ? It has been on CL for quite a while, and he has the worst picture as the main picture :). So please be kind to the beast and get it before it gets melted into car parts.

dee
;-D

Back