What's new
What's new

logan 12" model 2957v

flatheadgary

Plastic
i am thinking about buying this lathe. the price is 1500 bucks. the problem is , it is missing the tail stock. where could i get one and about how much would one cost new and used. i am a newbie. gary

My only suggestion is to watch ebay.
I think Logan is still in business and they sell some replacement parts but they haven't made complete lathes in many years. I doubt they have a tailstock, but you can can call to see if they have any advice.

btm

Whats more they even list a 12'' tailstock Tailstock Assembly, 12" Lathe ..............at a mere $1318.25 :eek:

Yep. But in this case, there are plenty of used parts available for less than that.

At the end of the day, expensive beats unavailable.

When I was deciding what kind of lathe to buy, having listened to all the plaintive requested for this or that spare for some old lathe, I decided that I would consider only makes and models that still had reasonable manufacturer support. Clausing and Logan made the shortlist. I ended up with a Clausing 5914 because one turned up. And I did buy a bunch of bits and pieces from Clausing while fixing the 5914 up.

If Clausing no longer makes or plans to make a part, they will provide dimensioned drawings, allowing one to replicate the part.

Last edited:
Depends on the condition, id buy for $1,500 if it had the tailstock. Like people said above if you can track down a replacement for under $500 than $1500 for the machine isn’t terrible as long as it came with a couple chucks/ collet closer etc. a lot of Logan’s were set up as hybrid turret/checkers. They’re some nice machines if they’re in good shape

Yep. But in this case, there are plenty of used parts available for less than that.

I know that Joe ;) - I was being a tad facetious.

FWIW I have a bit of a soft spot for Logans, a 10'' was my first lathe - and truth be told it was a worn out POS but I sure learnt a lot, and made good £££ with it to boot. good days :)

Back