What's new
What's new

Logan Lathe 1400

BKyler

Plastic
Looking to sell a Logan Lathe 1400. Any idea on how much it's worth. Thank you.IMG_1495[1].jpgIMG_1497[1].jpgIMG_1498[1].jpgIMG_1496[1].jpgIMG_1499[1].jpg

Last edited:
Never received any responses. Someone is interested in it and I don't know what to tell them on a price.

Never received any responses. Someone is interested in it and I don't know what to tell them on a price.

You did receive some responses. And member "the gentleman" indicated sending you a PM.

You were asked to post some pix, and more info, which you did not provide.

Your interested party has been waiting since 02-01-2018 ???

I'm not being nasty, I'm direct and to the point.

To help you get this sold, but all you want to doo is flail around.

Actually he's not being nasty. Your not taking the advice being given to you.

Would you buy a car without looking at it? Would you even at least expect some pics and general condition? Same thing applies, no one will take you seriously until you put some effort in. Pics, history and condition will go a long way to finding out a general value.

The original offer from the gentleman about a pm is in your original post. It's not hard to find. There's even a link provided in this thread to get you to it rather easy.

Good luck, Hodge

I don't see the original post and there really is no need to be nasty.

Shrug it off, no ones mad at you.
Post pictures.
Ask questions.

We can’t answer your question because we have no information.

That lathe could be worth 10,000$ or 10$

Seeing as how it’s so small and obviously used I’d assume it to be below 500$ on its own.

What comes with it?

Based on the pics, I would say its worth somewhere between $100 and $600, variability is based on what else is available in your area, the buyers, and your salesman skills.

I see a chuck key but I don't see a chuck? Open left side gear cover and get a pic, it looks as if most of the gear train is sitting on the bench. There should be a stack of change gears, hard to tell if you have them all.

Much better with the pics. On the plus side a small lathe will sell fairly easy.

I see a quick change tool post that is a big plus as well. There should be some tool holders to go with it. This will add value, More so if it's a brand name like aloris. Since there is a Chuck key I would assume one or more Chucks laying around, more value. Looks like a collet in the lathe maybe more collets and handle. Drills, drill Chuck's, live center (one pictured) increase value.

With enough tooling it can really bring up the value of your lathe. People are asking higher prices these days for small lathes. Your lathe being a change gear lathe is not as desirable as a quick change. But if all the gears are there not to bad.

Condition will/should play a big part in it's worth. If it's in reasonably good shape and extra tooling you could see 800- 1000 with a motivated buyer. Hodge

So I should ask for 1600-2000$?

Lol, not hardly but I was giving encouragement to find all the tooling and possibly get a better market value. More or less posting a best case scenario. Obviously if that's not available, value will fall and it will bear what the market will bear.

Heck, I've seen people ask stupid money for atlas lathes with tooling. That Logan is several steps above an atls/Craftsman. Not saying they'll get it but....jus saying.

Last edited:
Lol, not hardly but I was giving encouragement to find all the tooling and possibly get a better market value. More or less posting a best case scenario. Obviously if that's not available, value will fall and it will bear what the market will bear.

Heck, I've seen people ask stupid money for atlas lathes with tooling. That Logan is several steps above an atls/Craftsman. Not saying they'll get it but....jus saying.

I've owned both, still have the Logan, would happily trade it for an Atlas with a QCGB.... just saying. Best thing I can say about the Logan is its better than a Chinese mini-lathe....

OP, list it on FB and CL, be prepared for tire kickers and lowballers.

I just looked up HF mini-lathe, $699 regular price, factor in a sale or coupons it may be $600. If the Logan is complete, running and no broken/missing gears and the half nuts are not stripped, I would think anyone really wanting a small lathe would pay that for it.

I've owned both, still have the Logan, would happily trade it for an Atlas with a QCGB.... just saying. Best thing I can say about the Logan is its better than a Chinese mini-lathe....

OP, list it on FB and CL, be prepared for tire kickers and lowballers.

I just looked up HF mini-lathe, $699 regular price, factor in a sale or coupons it may be $600. If the Logan is complete, running and no broken/missing gears and the half nuts are not stripped, I would think anyone really wanting a small lathe would pay that for it.

Then I defer to your expertise, I was going on what I had read about the atlas lathes. Had read about the gear train not holding up well coupled with the flat ways.
Hodge

Back